Collapse
No announcement yet.

¿¿training high oz or low oz gloves??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like 14 oz gloves for bag work. Always have. They arent so heavy that you feel like they slow you down, but they have enough padding that your hands wont be hurting you afterwards. Id say it really depends on how much bag work you do, and how your hands feel with whatever you have tried. I have worked on the bag with lighter gloves, and they make you feel like a beast. But I cant play the guitar for **** later that night from how stiff my hands are.

Comment

Thank so much Motofan for add your opinion
      Then we can say that the best to training bag is HIGH OZ.

Okey thanks to all ^^
      Regards!

Comment

I use 16oz imf tech gloves for bag and another pair for sparring, one the best gloves for the price.

Comment

I like my guys to train with gloves two ounces heavier than the gloves they will be fighting with and for sparring four ounces heavier. For protection and this way the transaction or adjusting of training and fighting gloves is easier on the boxer. However, I keep in mind the weight of my fighter and heavier fighters require heavier gloves for sparring. Some of the pros that I work with like to use 8 and 10 oz gloves on the bags and mitts which is okay because it forces the boxer to throw punches correctly otherwise they can sprain their wrists. This is the old school way of training boxers to throw and connect punches correctly and let me tell you, there are a lot of guys training this way, which is why you always hear of pro boxers injuring their hands/wrists. I think that it's all up to the individual and what they are comfortable with but yes heavier gloves will condition your arms and shoulders to better handle upper extremity fatigue. However, you can also condition your arms, shoulders and neck muscles by doing other forms of conditioning exercises.

Comment

Working...
          X