Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does GGG go undefeated vs a prime Kessler/Froch/Abraham...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i think he probably has the most trouble with kessler's handspeed and athleticism,

froch is legimitately slow and easy to hit. jermain taylor had him on the deck FFS. bute, a guy froch outclassed, was knocked into next week by golovkin in the amateurs. the length and size didn't pose a problem in the amateurs, but ithink that's the question mark. froch had super long arms and he was taller than anybody golovkin has fought as far as i know.

same with dirrell, who could easily get a nod against froch in their '09 fight, his speed and length didn't give golovkin a ton of problems in the amateurs. timing beats length if the fighter knows how to cut off the ring and use angles, which golovkin does. froch would be reduced to trying to win a firefight after he realises that this is not arthur abraham he's trying to outbox.

froch had underrated skills, but he's still not skilled enough to deal with golovkin's offensive polish. he's just too easy to hit, and groves, taylor, kessler, ward, dirrell all proved that.
    The Kessler that fought Calzaghe would light up Golovkin I think,he wouldnt have the angles to deal with and i couldnt imagine Golovkin would have the same power Kessler had

Comment

Originally posted by The Hound View Post
      James Toney would smoke GGG at middleweight,the Hopkins that fought Roy jones would have outboxed and put a beating on GGG

Kessler would beat up GGG

Froch would out tough ggg in a tough fight

Abraham would lose on points

Prime Sergio Martinez would completely outbox GGG,would look like Pac/Margarito

Jermain Taylor and Kelly Pavlik would be far from easy fights to predict but they would be considered 50/50 fight in my mind....imagine Jermain Taylor or Pavlik fighting curtis stevens and lemuix in their primes or anyone else on GGGs resume

Taylor would look like sugar Ray Robinson against GGGs competition in his prime

Taylors weakness would be his stamina and I see him losing tbh but would be a great fight
      Man you know better than to use logic with these cats...

Comment

The Kessler that fought Calzaghe would light up Golovkin I think,he wouldnt have the angles to deal with and i couldnt imagine Golovkin would have the same power Kessler had

want to know who really lights golovkin up?

the calzaghe that pulled away from kessler in rounds 7-12. that guy could f#cking fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          want to know who really lights golovkin up?

the calzaghe that pulled away from kessler in rounds 7-12. that guy could f#cking fight.
          thats true,GGG would be made for Calzaghe,slappy had a great chin and his angles would offset GGG,its a no brainer he would dominate GGG but I bet some of these fanboys on here would disagree

Comment

thats true,GGG would be made for Calzaghe,slappy had a great chin and his angles would offset GGG,its a no brainer he would dominate GGG but I bet some of these fanboys on here would disagree

exactly. styles make fights. golovkin would just wander around the ring getting slapped and nodding his head like, "yeah, you slapped me." maybe he chins joe, but joe would get right back up and slap him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              I find it fairly easy to believe he would give Arthur Abraham an absolute pasting.
              Golovkin and Abraham, from what I can see, are just about parallel fighters, except that Abraham didn't bother with the super extensive amateur career, so predicting a pasting is a bit much.

Comment

Abraham might not have a chance but you know you should only take prime for prime into account and being that Abrahams best days were before he knocked out Taylor in the super six you're arguement is just GGG bal squatting until he finishes in your fanboy azz(you'd love a big drama show in your azz)

mentioning Murray "beating" Abraham is like saying Tarver beats a prime Roy ,or Calzaghe beats Jones anyday because he beat him when past it

by all accounts the faded Abraham having a close fight with Murray only acknowledges he would have spanked him easy in his prime

I suppose Wlad in 2010 against Fury would have been the same outcome aswell
                what destroyers did 'king' arthur beat though? His 'prime' was basiclly before he fought people who were good lol. Was favourite for super 6 if i remember (or right up there) then froch won every round against him and he was then said to be 'past prime' desppite being the ripe old age of 31.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  what destroyers did 'king' arthur beat though? His 'prime' was basiclly before he fought people who were good lol. Was favourite for super 6 if i remember (or right up there) then froch won every round against him and he was then said to be 'past prime' desppite being the ripe old age of 31.
                  Who has the better resume Abraham or GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
                    So what? How can you give him a pass and craaap on Canelo who is fighting at 154 for not coming up? How is it Golovkin isn't too big for canelo but Froch and Kessler are too big for Golovkin? It's a one division difference in both cases....? I'll wait....
                    Canelo is heavier than Golovkin. He's just draining himself.

Golovkin is not heavier than the Super MWs. Canelo is a MW, period, he is not a super welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
                      Who has the better resume Abraham or GGG?
                      GGG. Arthur in no point in his career has ever been ranked P4P as high as GGG is by most. He doesnt have any particularly great wins, and unlike GGG hes been well and truly pasted on more than one occasion, pretty conclusively shown he isnt top leve.. I really dont have the strength to have to defend GGG against some fighter who isnt on his level, the people who you are all saying would beat GGG is getting more ludicrous by the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X