Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name 1 Figher Who Clinches & Hugs/Hold More Than Wladimir Klitschko...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
    That's why I hate his "boxing". I can't remember if that was you who said yesterday that the same people who hate on Ward and Floyd for clinching don't hate on Wladimir for the same thing. I think it's not true at all. I've seen maybe one or two posters like that but the most of us hate his "boxing". In fact I loved Floyd's boxing even when he became more defensive and I respect him way way way more than Wladimir and Ward, because he spoils the fights way less than them and Wlad is even worse than Ward.
    When clinching is brought up...Wlad never makes this list...a circle jerk is formed around hating on Ward and Floyd for being "defensive" "runners" "huggers" "head butters"..."most of us" have to endure the hate...us being Mayweather and Ward fans or fans of defensive style "slick" boxing...just balancing things out bro...don't be naive you know how it goes around here...i'm just pointing out the hypocrisy...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      The only fighters I've ever seen cheat through clinching like Wlad are Carlos Molina and Miguel Vazquez. And I still can't say they ever did what Wlad did against Povetkin, which was the most shameful display of cheating I have ever seen.

Anyone who mentions Mayweather or Ward are plain wrong. They have singular examples of awful clinching, but those singular displays were not even HALF of what Wlad did to Povetkin, and neither Ward or Mayweather make a habit of cheating through clinching like Wlad has.
      I honestly can't group Molina with Wlad and Vazquez. Molina uses the clinch aggressively often pinning his opponents gloves masterfully. Is it horse***** to watch? yes....Is it the same as grabbing a guy because you can't operate up close? Not in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
        When clinching is brought up...Wlad never makes this list...a circle jerk is formed around hating on Ward and Floyd for being "defensive" "runners" "huggers" "head butters"..."most of us" have to endure the hate...us being Mayweather and Ward fans or fans of defensive style "slick" boxing...just balancing things out bro...don't be naive you know how it goes around here...i'm just pointing out the hypocrisy...
        That is true but their are examples of excessively movement on Floyd's behalf (Baldomir) and excessive clinching on Ward's behalf (Kessler) ....But as you said these are singular experiences..

Lara moves too much....And it's a damn shame because he fights great up close and when he starts bending his knees and slipping shots it's great to watch and his offensive is beautiful... But he simply moves too much and that's from one of his biggest fans...

But I never once ....EVER.....heard anyone complain about Chris Algeiri being a mover..... He's more of a boxer than anyone mentioned and gets a pass....

At the end of the day success is always hated by many... Become super successful? legions of people ready to cut you down....

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          That is true but their are examples of excessively movement on Floyd's behalf (Baldomir) and excessive clinching on Ward's behalf (Kessler) ....But as you said these are singular experiences..

Lara moves too much....And it's a damn shame because he fights great up close and when he starts bending his knees and slipping shots it's great to watch and his offensive is beautiful... But he simply moves too much and that's from one of his biggest fans...

But I never once ....EVER.....heard anyone complain about Chris Algeiri being a mover..... He's more of a boxer than anyone mentioned and gets a pass....

At the end of the day success is always hated by many... Become super successful? legions of people ready to cut you down....
          Man you ain't never lied...and Lara for the exact same reasons I can't really watch him...he's great on the inside up and close like you said...I thought he beat Canelo but the first half of the fight was unbearable with his excessive moving...but when he stopped to engage and throw combinations it was a thing of beauty...Floyd also moved against Canelo before walking him down later in the fight...he moved with Guerrero too but it was beautiful defensive style boxing...not hugging and humping...lol...anyway...great post!

Comment

Wladimir uses clinching in too many ways, some fighters use it to get a rest, some use it as a defensive tool to stop incoming fire, some use it to gain a offensive advantage, some use it to tire their opponent out, some use it when they are off-balance and/or in a compromising position, some use it to stop their opponents momentum, Wlad uses it for ALL OF THE ABOVE.

It is so illegal, and he should have been DQ'd for it a long time ago, I blame the referees for not setting a precedent. If he had been DQ'd it would have forced him to review his style and use skill and an actual defensive guard/technique, which is his main problem, he doesn't have one. He either uses his legs or clinches. When have you ever seen him catch and shoot? Or bob and counter? He has a huge chunk of boxing technique missing from his arsenal and that is why he fights the way he does. It is a credit to his other attributes, and Manny Steward that he was able to become what he did. He is lucky their wasn't the competition there is now earlier in his career, men of similar size with good ability.

Comment

Andre Ward's definitely earned the "Clinch King" title on more than one occasion, but this was horrible. I like Wlad but he was out of control in this fight. Povetkin is dangerous but this is disgraceful.

Comment

180 clinches and people cry about Mayweather doing about 15 in the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Working...
                X