Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you make good iced tea at home?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you make good iced tea at home?

i want to be able to replicate the iced tea that they serve at in-n-out or chick-fil-A, or even starbucks. i'm talking about just straight iced tea with nothing else added, no sugar or anything (i will add that later to taste).

those 3 particular restaurants iced tea is very good tasting even while plain. tastes even better when stevia is added.

but i tried to make my own at home with lipton black tea and it just doesn't taste the same no matter what i try.

i have a keurig that i use for the hot water. i select the big size which fills up an average sized coffee mug. then i put in x3 lipton tea bags and steeped for 5 minutes. then i transfer it over into an iced tea cup and fill with ice to cool. this step dilutes the tea by a lot since all that water from the ice melts. at first i thought this was the issue with the taste, so then i tried doing x5 lipton tea bags and steeped for 5 minutes. same problem, it just doesn't taste right.

then i tried x3 for 7 minutes and it was disgusting, too strong.

Comment

I use one of these.

I use family size tea bags and make it real strong and add A lot of ice when I drink it. Can't leave it out very long here or it goes bad or gets cloudy.
      Last edited by TBear; 07-11-2016, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Buy another type of tea bro problem solved and while you're at the store buy some condensed milk to mix with the tea you already own . Thai tea is delicious.

Comment

You should ask the guy who tea bagged you at the gas station for $20.

Comment

Teabag thread and no pics..**** this thread

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              I use one of these.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aamb...hres/TM1-1.jpg

I use family size tea bags and make it real strong and add A lot of ice when I drink it. Can't leave it out very long here or it goes bad or gets cloudy.
              i've used family sized tea bags in my 2 qt pitcher but the same problem happens there too. i'll fill it up half way with boiling water and use 7 tea bags (or 3 family size) for about 5 minutes. then i will removed the tea bags and fill the 2nd qt up with ice and mix to cool it. it comes out not tasting that good. even with stevia is added.
              Originally posted by TheUnbiased View Post
              Buy another type of tea bro problem solved and while you're at the store buy some condensed milk to mix with the tea you already own . Thai tea is delicious.
              thai tea is nice but it's too annoying and messy to make. plus the color dye in it is bad for you. i like something i can make quick
              Originally posted by jaded View Post
              You should ask the guy who tea bagged you at the gas station for $20.
              i doubt he'd be of any assistance. plus when i see him again i'm chin checking him.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                Teabag thread and no pics..**** this thread
                i just noticed that tapia and kareem are both doing the same exact hand gesture in your sig/avy...interdasting...

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                  i've used family sized tea bags in my 2 qt pitcher but the same problem happens there too. i'll fill it up half way with boiling water and use 7 tea bags (or 3 family size) for about 5 minutes. then i will removed the tea bags and fill the 2nd qt up with ice and mix to cool it. it comes out not tasting that good. even with stevia is added.

thai tea is nice but it's too annoying and messy to make. plus the color dye in it is bad for you. i like something i can make quick

i doubt he'd be of any assistance. plus when i see him again i'm chin checking him.
                  Black tea + condensed milk = orange goodness. There is no dye in thai tea. I do agree its annoying after a cup or two then you're left with a opened can of condensed milk with no purpose.

Comment

Working...
                  X