Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False: Top 5 154 pounders beat shot Sergio, Geale, Delvin Rodriguez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    Its a weak division in the sense that nobody wants to fight each other so how can we tell these guys are the real deal. Everyone is content with there spot and are not willing to step to one another.

So for me that makes the division weak regardless if there is talent there.
    Same as all the Haymon 140-147, Broner, Garcia, Khan, Thurman and Porter to name a few.
    That's what has happened to boxing, guys that should be fighting each other, beating the same no hopers and climbing the rankings. Once they are in the top 10, they protect their ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Its an okay division
      Lara, Trout, Andrade?

I don't count Cotto or Canelo in that list for a reason they have their own division 155-157lbs chickenweight.
      All those 3 beat golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        The top 5 154lbers beat those guys AND Cotto on the same night.
        Just how you predicted Danny would get crushed in 2 rounds by that overrated quitter "The Machine". Your predictions could be better said by my little niece.

Comment

154 has always been 'dysfunctional', as someone else said. You rarely see top notch guys get there and just set up for awhile. They're either on their way to middleweight or just large welterweights trying to pick up a title before heading back down. People like Terry Norris and Winky Wright are rare and, actually, considering what it has been through the years, it isn't bad these days because I think some of these guys are planning on sticking around and hopefully they'll start fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
            Same as all the Haymon 140-147, Broner, Garcia, Khan, Thurman and Porter to name a few.
            That's what has happened to boxing, guys that should be fighting each other, beating the same no hopers and climbing the rankings. Once they are in the top 10, they protect their ranking.
            That's pretty much how boxing has been the last 10 years or so. And that's what hurts boxing. Once a guy gets a title they just sit on it and just beat guys that in years past wouldn't be getting a title shot.

Right now at 154 there are guys with lots of talent but how can we tell if that talent is real and legit if they are not willing to prove it vs someone else who has talent. Instead they get there title and babysit and milk it.

That's this generation of boxing.

Comment

Working...
            X