Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is welterweight the most stacked division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is welterweight the most stacked division?

Hendricks, Lawler, Macdonald, Brown, Lombard, Woodley, Stun Gun, Condit and possibly GSP! Everybody in the top 10 is pretty much one win away from a title shot.

GSP is doing Macdonald a favor sitting out to let him get a shot while he can. He's already next in line after Lawler. If Rory loses again then that is when GSP comes back. I hope Brown fights Rory. Tough guys who can bang with Rory and never stop coming forward have always been the guys to beat Rory. Condit and Lawler went to War and out muscled him late. Brown would give him hell!

Don't forget about Mien.

That dude is just as legit as Macdonald and to be honest, I would love to see Mien and Macdonald fight. It would be a chess match for sure.

Mien is like the same age but is 29-9 I think or some ridiculous shat. Dude's a vet at 25 years old. Like damn.

Comment

Don't forget Thiago Alves

Comment

I still like 155

Give me

Pettis
        Melendez
        Alvarez
        Henderson

Those 4 guys mixed and matched, nothing but great fights

Comment

140 is whats hot.

Comment

145 and 155 are great divisions but I think 170 packs the most excitement because the top 10 can be changed dramatically in one night. The competition is at a more incredibly close level. I could see anybody in the top 5 getting beat by either of them on any given night.

Aldo vs Mendes was sick, Bermudez, Connor and Swanson are great fighters too and could make some sick wars like the top of 155 too especially with Alvarez.

But between Matt Brown and Lawler comeback stories, Hendricks and Rory hitting their primes, the possibility of GSP return. Not to mention killers like Lombard, Condit and Woodley waiting to strike big any moment. It's definitely the most exciting.

It's a great time to be a fan the divisions are all full of great match ups. At the top level. The problem is the clutter of inferior fighters who fill 85% of these millions of cards. Middleweight is great right now too with Weidman, Jacare, Vitor, Anderson, Rockhold, Bisping, Diaz, Gegard, Kennedy and the guy who just beat Kennedy.

Comment

I think the welterweight division is the most competitive. Maybe that's not the right word but basically, anybody could really beat anybody in the top 10 of the division.

Sure Hendricks holds the strap but Lawler can beat him. Will he? Idk but could he? Yes. Same for Condit, who should be favored against a guy like Hendricks or Lawler. Kicks vs punchs.

Woolly is an ox. Still needs to get more skill but an oc. MacDonald has the right brain. He sees and thinks differently than the others and it shows in his game.

So many outcomes could happen with any of them on their best day.

Comment

Working...
              X