Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime James Toney in today's MW SMW? dose he beat martinez ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    LOL wow, read this after I posted. Glad someone else realizes toneys faults and not just me.
    Toney is a great fighter but he is a bit of a myth IMO just because he moved up and tangled with heavyweights means nothing at the lower weights where fighters are more skilled.

Comment

james toney was an incredible fighter he would beat anyone at middle or super middle aside from ward imo

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        Bute would outbox Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
          james toney was an incredible fighter he would beat anyone at middle or super middle aside from ward imo
          Toney is a great inside fighter & counterpuncher, he would beat Ward IMO. Ward doesnt have the KO power to keep Toney honest. Toney was a sharp shooter

Comment

Bute would outbox Toney.
            You've never seen Toney fight. At least not in the 90s.

Comment

I'm basing this on Bute's boxing ability from the outside, Toney being a midget and Bute being huge.
              Bute is 2 and half inches taller than Toney.....but Toney is a midget? Bute would get beat up by Toney....

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                Toney would destroy Martinez....

Who has Sergio beat?

and he would beat Ward as well...that fight would be much closer because Ward is a much better al around boxer than Martinez
                Griffin spun toney not once, but twice.. (he was a 14-0 prospect the first time too) and he has TERRIBLE legs. Toneys laziness and inability to pivot or pick up the pace against a lateral movement opponent, even in the inside, will always make him vulnerable to the style Martinez brings.

I think you guys have forgotten how Toney fought.

Comment

Toney is a great fighter but he is a bit of a myth IMO just because he moved up and tangled with heavyweights means nothing at the lower weights where fighters are more skilled.
                  People consider Toney good because he fought Heavyweights. I don't know anyone when they break down Toney, bring up his heavyweight run as a major bright spot.

Comment

Griffin spun toney not once, but twice.. (he was a 14-0 prospect the first time too) and he has TERRIBLE legs. Toneys laziness and inability to pivot or pick up the pace against a lateral movement opponent, even in the inside, will always make him vulnerable to the style Martinez brings.

Montel Griffin is a better fighter than Lucian Bute without a doubt....who has Bute fought?

Comment

This, all day.

Comment

Working...
                      X