Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Prime minister Fury

The rest don't matter.

Comment

1) 2 Fast - no question. I thought he looked pretty good against Abell and made an entertaining night out of it.

2) Del Boy for sure.

3) Hughie 'fist of' Fury - probably the most talented of the lot. Means business when he gets in the ring and seems like the complete package. Quick for a big guy.

4) AJ - how many heavyweights today could take his punches? Not many. Looking forward to seeing him develop his footwork and tighten up his defense.

5) big pricey. But there's a gap between AJ and him. A big gap.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        1) 2 Fast - no question. I thought he looked pretty good against Abell and made an entertaining night out of it.

2) Del Boy for sure.

3) Hughie 'fist of' Fury - probably the most talented of the lot. Means business when he gets in the ring and seems like the complete package. Quick for a big guy.

4) AJ - how many heavyweights today could take his punches? Not many. Looking forward to seeing him develop his footwork and tighten up his defense.

5) big pricey. But there's a gap between AJ and him. A big gap.
        Were you drinking?

He's always, hmmm, entertaining, i'll grant you that.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          1. Anthony Joshua

clearly the most talented heavyweight in the UK, needs at least 18 months of fighting journeymen, then he can take on contenders

2. Hughie Fury

has excellent potential - very young at 19 and needs several years of fighting journeymen before he reaches his prime

3. Tyson Fury

will do well against journeymen, but will lose to bona-fide top HWs

4. Dereck Chisora

has lost to age 41 Vitali, was KOed by Haye - like Tyson Fury, he'll always lose to top HWs.

5. David Price

still has potential, but getting older now - his progress was damaged by Maloney not getting him enough rounds during the past 5 years
          joshua and hughie fury are the best...2 unproven guys. this makes perfect sense. now i understand why you think wlad and vitali are great. resume doesn't matter. only fantasy.

fury beat chisora-the guy wlad ducked twice so not too bad

chisora will always lose to top hws? you could say the same thing about wlad when he was in his hit the canvas every fight phase against puritty, brewster, and sanders. maybe if chisora holds every 5 seconds he will turn great....

i would say price's progress was damaged by being ktfo twice by a pillow punching old man

besides those small details you are dead on! great knowledge
          Last edited by daggum; 02-18-2014, 04:08 AM.

Comment

I have no hope for Hughie. I doubt he will even get as far as Tyson has.

Comment

i agree with all of this

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                What about David Haye?
                Who?

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                1. Anthony Joshua

clearly the most talented heavyweight in the UK, needs at least 18 months of fighting journeymen, then he can take on contenders
                I wouldn't go buying the hype on Joshua just yet.

5. David Price

still has potential, but getting older now - his progress was damaged by Maloney not getting him enough rounds during the past 5 years
                Price is incapable of fighting to his strengths. I also don't think he's a fighting man. Given the choice, he'd prefer to stay in with Annie and bake cupcakes.

Comment

I kind of like Chisora - he is a natural heavyweight and a big hitter. I think he is solid, not the best in the world but capable of an upset. He reminds me a little of Joe Frazier, albeit with a much lower work rate...

Tyson Fury - technically the best boxer at HW in the UK, but the guy is a metal meltdown. He has the physique and skill set, but I really question his motivation and focus.

David Haye - Entertaining and a real puncher, but fighting is almost a part-time job for him. He also has a dubious history of making unconvincing excuses for dropping out of fights or even losing them (sore toe). I'd but him on a level with Chisora.

David Price - oh dear, took up boxing late in life and it shows. No chin, robotic arms, poor footwork. I can't see his career progressing anywhere fast, despite being a decent guy.

Antony Joshua - no idea, again he could easily go the same way as David Price. There is a lot of hype surrounding him, but he has yet to prove anything.

Audley Harrison - who?

As much as people discount Wilder, I think he could beat any of the above fighters with the possible exception of David Haye.

And I am British Btw.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    As much as people discount Wilder, I think he could beat any of the above fighters with the possible exception of David Haye.
                    Could or would? Let's see how he gets on with Malik Scott, a decent barometer imo.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Were you drinking?

He's always, hmmm, entertaining, i'll grant you that.
                      Nope.

Considering he's been out of the ring for 10 months, was heavily over weight and out of shape, didn't take Abell seriously at all and just fuked about, I think he did pretty well.

Granted, his footwork was off when he leapt in for attack, and he did take one or two punches - but I looked at how he used his jab and how his right hand had gotten a lot crisper - even though he's out of shape.

I remember when he first came through and I thought to myself that he couldn't punch through a wet paper towel to safe his life.

Now he's actually developed into a decent puncher with a good jab that uses his size to his advantage.

Plus he deserves an award for human being of the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X