Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Perfomance: Rigondeaux vs Donaire OR Haye vs Valuev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
    Hang on, haven't you spent the past 6 months telling us that Donaire is shit?
    Well against Rigo he looked worse than ****...

Comment

When I read the title I almost died laughing.

Haye vs. Valuev was one of the worst HW fights ever. It's up there with Freq Oquendo and John Ruiz.

Not a lot of skill involved in that fight. Just Haye jumping in landing one punch, and then circling and running from Valuev who looked so confused out there. Also that fight was closer than Rigo and Donaire. Rigo dominated Donaire, Haye did not dominate Valuev, he just scored some points here and there.
      Last edited by Cuban Linx; 04-20-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Well, he never said in his opinion.

He is stating the fact that Donaire was regarded by the vast majority as a top 5 P4P fighter.

Yeah pretty much, nicely put.

Comment

They're circle jerking like crazy about rumors of Rigo failing a post-fight drug test over at pacland. Haven't seen/heard this anywhere else though, so likely just devastated fanboy delusion.

Arizona Boxing News & Notes With Don Smith: Rigondeaux Fails Drug Test Rumors, Dunkin Signs Arizona Fighter & Iron Boy 7

By Don Smith
          PhilBoxing.com
          Sat, 20 Apr 2013

Boxing Fans,

Hang me in effigy if so inclined. This column is late due to computer glitches that literally destroyed two columns. RIP!

Less than 8 hours after Nonito Donaire lost his WBO Super Bantamweight title to Gullermo Rigondeaux, rampant rumors suggesting Rigondeaux failed a post fight drug test and therefor would face a suspension and forfeit the title he won from Donaire on 5/13 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. After spending a few hours trying to track down the rumors, I decided to call Donaire's manager Cameron Dunkin who didn't respond. Then I called the New York City Athletic Commission and tried to talk to Edison Alban in the Public Relations Department. He wasn't there, but I did leave my information with an assistant who promised to pass on my request to Edison. After making the call, I sent a formal request asking for results of the drug test. If either party fails the test, the bout will be ruled as a "no contest" and the fighter who failed the test will be placed on suspension and fined heavily. New York administers a very stringent test and anything and everything is detected or so I'm told. A number of fighters aren't able or don't even try to fight in New York because the state requires a very tough physical before a boxing license is issued.

While waiting for NY to respond, Laz Benitez, PIO, New York Department of State, sent an email asking me to forward specific questions, so I did. New York is good about responding quickly. His response came 20 minutes after I emailed him. The official test results will be in toward the end of April and readers will know when I know. In this day and age of social media, readers may inform me.
          http://philboxing.com/news/story-82535.html

Comment

Ridiculous question.

And do we really need to revisit Haye-Valuev, my God, what an atrocious "fight". Should we also discuss klitschko-Ibragimov and Hopkins-Jones II just to torture ourselves in honor of Hitler's birthday?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post

Haye vs. Valuev was one of the worst HW fights ever. It's up there with Freq Oquendo and John Ruiz.

Not a lot of skill involved in that fight. Just Haye jumping in landing one punch, and then circling and running from Valuev who looked so confused out there. Also that fight was closer than Rigo and Donaire. Rigo dominated Donaire, Haye did not dominate Valuev, he just scored some points here and there.
              See the dilemma is that some people have said the same about the Rigo fight - calling it boring, no skill. We can't have it both ways. Either you respect boxing skills (which includes movement, footwork, timing, intelligent punch selection) or you don't. If you look at it from a skill perspective both Rigo and Haye utilized similar skills in those fights.

it could even be argued that Haye's upper body and head movement was slightly better than Rigo's, but Rigo's footwork was slightly better than Hayes.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                They're circle jerking like crazy about rumors of Rigo failing a post-fight drug test over at pacland. Haven't seen/heard this anywhere else though, so likely just devastated fanboy delusion.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-82535.html
                interesting story, its probably a fan-generated rumor gone viral

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                  interesting story, its probably a fan-generated rumor gone viral
                  Like Mayweather-Ortiz only doing 200k PPV buys

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                    See the dilemma is that some people have said the same about the Rigo fight - calling it boring, no skill. We can't have it both ways. Either you respect boxing skills (which includes movement, footwork, timing, intelligent punch selection) or you don't. If you look at it from a skill perspective both Rigo and Haye utilized similar skills in those fights.

it could even be argued that Haye's upper body and head movement was slightly better than Rigo's, but Rigo's footwork was slightly better than Hayes.
                    Rigo outthrew Donaire. By contrast, Haye threw 12 punches/round, which has got to be the lowest total in a winning 12 rounder ever. And of course Donaire was about 200 p4p spots above Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post

lmao, that's most of what happened in the rigo-donaire fight

fairly similar performances, but obviously rigo vs donaire is better due to the levels

Comment

Working...
                      X