HBO's Commentary is a huge Joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    I don't like the balance at all.

Kellerman thinks he runs the show now (he basically does), he kind of argues with RJJ who then has to defend himself which is cringey. His post-fight interviews are hopeless. In short, without the older guys around I think Kellerman has got above his station.

Only commentator I really like now is Lampley, miss the old crew (flawed though they might have been).
    Lamply sucks and is a true fanboy..Really can't stand him tbh,but he was not bad last night..Which is a big reason I'm confused about TS problem with last nights broadcast...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
      If I have to hear Roy jones say the word son 1 more time during these damn HBO telecast......
      I like that Roy say's son like that..IMO it gives off a chill vibe,like a fan ust watching a fight..Let Roy be Roy..He is a good and very observant commentator..Him and Max feed off each other,can't lie I like it..Showtime has a better crew imo tho..

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
        I try not to listen to the commentary, it distracts from learning. Sometimes I just mute it. From what I did hear though, Lampley makes the fight exciting for viewers. Serious or casual, he has that kind of voice and really presents it well.

Jones/Lewis/Stewert/Foreman were a part of the actual game, I hold them to higher standards because they know it from the inside. At least when it comes to what we're watching. People have favorites and when they do, it's hard to separate that favoritism.

Kellerman started off good but now he's conforming to the HBO requirements and is falling into line with those guys. He always seemed genuine and fair in his analysis. Now he's just saying what he's being paid to say, it seems.

Merchant was cool sometimes, when his figurative speech was on point. When Pacquiao was fighting someone (I think either Hatton or Marquez) he said something like "Pacquiao just came at him like a typhoon across the pacific" I thought that was a cool analogy and he had moments like that throughout his career, earlier on at least and as he got older it seem to really fade, along with his relevancy to the fight. Otherwise I didn't feel like he belonged.
        Very good post imo. The part in bold is the reason I like Lampley's commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Very good post imo. The part in bold is the reason I like Lampley's commentary.
          Lampley has a great voice but he should stick to the blow by blow. His 'analysis' is just annoying.

Comment

Jim Lampley during a Chavez Jr fight shouts out RAGING BULL!! I loved it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Lamply sucks and is a true fanboy..Really can't stand him tbh,but he was not bad last night..Which is a big reason I'm confused about TS problem with last nights broadcast...
              Fanboy? Nah, he's a highly paid propagandist for his cable TV network.

Comment

Merchant, Atlas and Bob Poppa is the dream team.

Comment

I am gona have to disagree on this..
                  Roy is biased towards some fighters YES... Despite he is still a very knowledgeable man when it comes to boxing... Kellerman is my favorite... Jim is great to. The only thing i disliked about HBO was Larry Merchant.. glad he ****ed off.

PS: For me HBO set up is best in the world. Sky Boxnation don't even come close... sho is alright.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    I stopped reading when you said the only good one is Lampley and he's unbiased
                    lmao...............

Comment

Stopped reading at "the only good one is Jim Lampley"

Comment

Working...
                      X