No announcement yet.

Breaking into the streaming market

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is how PPV's will be shown in the future

HBO and SHO subscribers aren't growing at the rate they used to and its because of Netflix and other streaming services

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
      like netflix can only stream in US UK and top tier countries that its and what we get to see in the US the UK people cant see it. and some countries are just stright blocked from accessing netflix it all boils down to copyright and how long does netflix and the agreement they have with certain studios etc and how long that angreement is for. I know you seen sometime says available till XX/XX that cause their rights are expiring that day.

it takes huge investment talking half a billion and no one in boxing has the much to dump into a project liek this that will lose money at first and alot. Look at wwe they almost lost over 50% of their profits trying something like this and like you said they own all their content, imagine now where you have to pay royalties to a bunch of other people a project liek this can bankrupt people.

I read an article here that spoke on this and this is where im pulling some of my information from (memory) but it said this was haymon ultimate goal, so we have to wait and see.
      I'm a little familiar with the WWE all access thing....but not totally in the know.
      Most of the fallout came because they didn't get as many subs as they expected and they sank some money into it.

Netflix a little different since they're not primarily just for a sport. IMO, we could see them dip their feet in the future.

I might google that article you speak of later

also I'm wondering how Haymon's little thing will go. Won't be as big as the WWE's, so expectations won't be the same

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Why wouldnt they want it televised?

Sorry, I know that's not the topic at hand but I really have no clue where you're trying to get at and I really like this fight. Lol
      I don't know, could be because of the date. I'm just saying I have no idea now compared to if Duva won and it being on NBC on the 20th since they had that date out there already.

That's cool...i'm curious about whether it'll be televised or not too

Comment

It might be difficult to get decent quality live streaming on Netflix without a lot of buffering (which is a nono for live streaming) because of the current Netflix-ISP wars.

Comment

playstation has a deal with top rank i believe...

Comment

Id love to invest my epoints

Comment

Working...
            X