No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson: Ward Turned Down 170, Insisted on Oakland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol..

i'm already sleepy!! ZZZZZZZZ!!!! lmao at Ward.. fight of the year comments.. more like head butts of the year!!

Comment

• I'm surprised how this thread is pretty tame, not much trolling in here or name calling. If this was Pacquiao instead of Ward all hell would break loose the first page would be filled with all the B power Fl0mos and their alt accounts attacking pacman viciously.

I think Ward should have went to 175, but it does seem like Dawson called Ward out at 168.

But if Ward refused to leave Oakland for neutral ground it seems he really enjoys the comfort of fighting in his home. I don't agree with the fight being in Oakland or even in California because this fight is likely going to be a point fight going the distance and anytime that happens and the fight is technical Ward will get huge favor from the judges in Cali.

Comment

• September 9th, Dawson will be top 5 P4P & Ward will be exposed to not being great as people claim to be, he's good but not great.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Ward is the american Sven Ottke. Only worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by BornToLive View Post
            September 9th, Dawson will be top 5 P4P & Ward will be exposed to not being great as people claim to be, he's good but not great.
            Hey Nick Diaz is that you? I thought Ward was your boy, are you mad cause he stopped using you as a sparring partner?

Comment

• Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
              Dawson actually did say that. Don't make it seem as if Ward fans are making things up.
              no

he said he would fight Ward at 168 if he had to

they knew Ward wouldn't come up

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Hey Nick Diaz is that you? I thought Ward was your boy, are you mad cause he stopped using you as a sparring partner?
                Ask Andre Ward, the Diaz brothers have serious hands, he said it on a ellie seckbach video

But Ward is good but they are over hyping him too much after he beat Froch, Dawson will out box Ward if he's not drained.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Lol @ Ward being smaller than Dawson: Laughing at how two guys that are virtually the same size, are seen as some how one being smaller than the other because of some weight class they participate in, when they actually weigh the same on fight night and have both participated in eachother's original weight classes. Actually, Dawson could have never fought at LHW if he fought in the Olympics, because he was too small. But Ward was fine, considering he won Gold.

And actually I was first going to say the 80s, but before some historian gets technical and says the 60s, I said it myself. But the current SMW division is fairly new, being from the 80s. New is relative.

I see Ward getting bashed because of the weight class thing, and now Dawson being bashed by you because he's supposedly picking on a smaller fighter. This fight is a fight between two Ring champions, embrace it, don't hate on it. You will not see this often.
                  First off i love the fight so lets get that out of the way now.

I only commented on dawson cause people are bashing ward for giving dawson exactly what he asked for on national tv. I mean he did that so it would basically be out there for everyone to hear and so that ward couldnt back away without looking like a punk. ok, ward accepts but behind the scenes you are asking for something else. Thats lame.

60's or 80's, it doesnt matter, neither are fairly new. Would you consider a car made in the 80's fairly new? Come on. But this is all semantics.
                  The light heavy champ shouldnt be calling out the super middle champ. It should be the other way around.

why do you act like ward is not smaller than chad. lets see, chad is taller, has the longer reach and fights a division higher. It looks like ward is the smaller guy to me. Now i dont think the size matters but chad is bigger.

Comment

• Ward by wide UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

This thread is just gonna be filled of "Dawson asked for 168" nonsense
                      Then it was 8 pages of this. People here have NEVER heard of negotiations I see. So you just accept what your banker says the RATE is going to be right? Sighing.

YES Dawson called out WARD!! WE GET IT..

ALL DAWSON said was, "we negotiated this and that". He's obviously SIGNED the contract. I like the fact he's exposing Andre "Mr PIOUS" SOB Ward.

Like most fundamentalist, Ward isn't what he proclaims he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X