Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you go to sleep after seeing a spider like this crawl under your bed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did he die?

The thread starter I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
      Thats a good point and lesson learned. I was about to say just squash the bastard but I actually did that one time not knowing that his entire back was loaded with small baby spiders and as soon as I stepped on him, a thousand of those little ****ers started scattering all over the place. Straight Arachnaphobia ****, brah.
      You should've called John Goodman.

Comment

• Nothing turns me into a woman like a creepy spider can. I am an arachnophobic to the max. It can be the size of a pin head and I am running. It makes no sense at all. Just something about most spiders freak me the hell out.

Now jumping spiders are different. I do not fear them and have interacted with them since I was a kid. They seem "smarter" and more aware, if that makes any sense. Maybe it is the lack of web or something.

Back in 2004, I have a funny story on the day I was going to get married. I was with my buds and we went for a coffee at Tim Horton's. We were standing in the parking lot by our cars talking about the big day ahead and this fair sized jumping spider was crawling on my car. It was a good sized multi colored one, just hunting. I held out my keychain and it jumped on them. My bud Kenny goes "man those thing are crazy, they can kill you". I laughed and said to him hold out your Key Chain. It jumped from mine to his and Kenny jumped and we all ended up wearing his coffee. I am just glad we were not yet dressed for my wedding.
        Last edited by deanrw; 03-22-2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• You know a spider is huge when it's too big to step on. I ran across a hairy tarantula once in my driveway. Had to spray it with a hose. Kill it with water.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            Nothing turns me into a woman like a creepy spider can. I am an arachnophobic to the max. It can be the size of a pin head and I am running. It makes no sense at all. Just something about most spiders freak me the hell out.

Now jumping spiders are different. I do not fear them and have interacted with them since I was a kid. They seem "smarter" and more aware, if that makes any sense. Maybe it is the lack of web or something.

Back in 2004, I have a funny story on the day I was going to get married. I was with my buds and we went for a coffee at Tim Horton's. We were standing in the parking lot by our cars talking about the big day ahead and this fair sized jumping spider was crawling on my car. It was a good sized multi colored one, just hunting. I held out my keychain and it jumped on them. My bud Kenny goes "man those thing are crazy, they can kill you". I laughed and said to him hold out your Key Chain. It jumped from mine to his and Kenny jumped and we all ended up wearing his coffee. I am just glad we were not yet dressed for my wedding.
            Jumping spiders are legit badasses, and quite curious little creatures, too.

Not sure if they're actually more intelligent than any other species of spider, but they certainly appear to be due to the way they interact with human beings and cameras.

Plus, they're ****ing cute. In an other-worldly kinda way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
              You know a spider is huge when it's too big to step on. I ran across a hairy tarantula once in my driveway. Had to spray it with a hose. Kill it with water.

That's a Chilean rose hair tarantula. I've had one as a pet since 2005. Cool little creature.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                Jumping spiders are legit badasses, and quite curious little creatures, too.

Not sure if they're actually more intelligent than any other species of spider, but they certainly appear to be due to the way they interact with human beings and cameras.

Plus, they're ****ing cute. In an other-worldly kinda way.
                Here is another one. This shows how cool they are to interact with. They are very observant. This one wanted the guy to come back! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  Here is another one. This shows how cool they are to interact with. They are very observant. This one wanted the guy to come back! LOL

Nice find, thanks for sharing.

It really does seem like they like to interact with humans for some reason. I grill a lot in the summer, and I live in a pretty secluded area, so I get a visit from one pretty much every time I fire up the grill. They always get super inquisitive whenever they set their sights on my face. That's usually the point when they start playing or dancing.

Charming little bastards.

My girlfriend is afraid of them. She's not afraid of any other species of spider, but their curious/friendly nature freaks her out. She says that spiders shouldn't behave like dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    Nice find, thanks for sharing.

It really does seem like they like to interact with humans for some reason. I grill a lot in the summer, and I live in a pretty secluded area, so I get a visit from one pretty much every time I fire up the grill. They always get super inquisitive whenever they set their sights on my face. That's usually the point when they start playing or dancing.

Charming little bastards.

My girlfriend is afraid of them. She's not afraid of any other species of spider, but their curious/friendly nature freaks her out. She says that spiders shouldn't behave like dogs.
                    I am so bad with them, that once when I was out sitting in the back yard and I saw a Spider Wasp flying near one, I picked the little jumper up and put him in a safe place. Although spider wasps usually go after spiders in webs, I was not about to take a chance on them killing a small jumping spider.

It's funny that I am the exact opposite of your girlfriend when it comes to spiders. I will jump out of a moving car to avoid any other type of spider (I did once when I was 12, yes the fear is that deep), but jumpers are awesome little creatures.
                    Last edited by deanrw; 03-22-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCaneloAlvarez View Post
                      Funny how your liberal b.itch ass is up in arms about anti black racism but you post shet like this.

liberal, lol.

you've definitely diagnosed the inner "b#tch ass" in me, doe. i'm small, and frighten easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X