Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"1980" Roberto Duran vs "2013" Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Why? Because someone told you to revere past fighters?
    I was actually watching fights back then too. So I'm going by experience.

I remember back in the days discussing Duran heavily with my neighbor who was a huge Duran fan. He was from the same country as Duran ... he had almost all his fights on tape.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      You are talking out of context. Look what I was responding to before quoting me.
      what exactly is your context, that 2 pedestrians KOed Pac?

Comment

This is pathetic. These Floyd fanatics need to be sterilized. I never realized people this pathetic and stupid existed until I joined a boxing board.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          This is pathetic. These Floyd fanatics need to be sterilized. I never realized people this pathetic and stupid existed until I joined a boxing board.
          learned about this a month after joining NSB.

that is why i cal them genius floyd fans.

because they are geniuses really.

Comment

Originally posted by larryggg View Post
            Why does Duran get to be prime against a 36 year old Mayweather?..you are comparing a 29 year old Duran against a 36 year old Mayweather
            That's the first thing I noticed as well. Clearly the the OP has an agenda he's pushing.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
              Exactly. They think Floyd's overrated ass is a boxing GOD or something. Corley hurt him and was busting him up. Castillo beat him but got robbed. If Maidana didn't gas, he would've won. Floyd was having a hard time against a shop worn Cotto but pulled it out down the stretch. He almost retired after that fight. It took him 10 rounds to stop a LW in Hatton. Smh. Maidana also knocked his tooth out in the 3rd round of the rematch and hurt him BAD at the end of it. Manny out countered Floyd and made him look flat out stupid at times. But he would give Duran a boxing lesson!?!?!?! Hahahaha! These idiots kill me man. Duran would hurt Floyd. Period. Floyd is overrated and skipped a few styles in route to retiring undefeated. Manny fought more versatile opponents and we all saw what happened when they fought. Duran would beat him up and retire him without a rematch because Floyd would be too scared.
              Exactly.

Mayweather is a joke compared to Duran.

Comparing their list of opponents tells the whole story.

Comment

Duran at his best beats Floyd if Floyd would fight him. It took 5 years to get him to fight PAC. The Duran that got koed by yearns, Duran's next fight could have been floyd

Comment

We should try time traveling to find someone who can beat Floyd.

Comment

Duran might win against 2013 mayweather, but id still favor maywather. Prime floyd whoops his ass and gives him a boxing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
                      Duran might win against 2013 mayweather, but id still favor maywather. Prime floyd whoops his ass and gives him a boxing lesson.
                      Prime Floyd didn't fight at 147. Neither did prime Duran.

Comment

Working...
                      X