No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares-Anselmo Moreno: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares-Anselmo Moreno: Pre-Fight Report Card

by Cliff Rold - Sometimes, it’s hard not to just be a fan. Saturday night on Showtime (10 PM EST/PST) will be one of those times. One of boxing’s best divisions is giving the sport one of the highest quality matches available. Two fighters, both in their prime, hardly a blemish between them, with reasons to pick both; it might not end up an action classic, but it’s hard to ask for more on paper.

On one side of the ring, a fighter still becoming familiar to the U.S. audience, one of the trickiest boxers in the game, all subtle reflexes, defensive prowess, and sneaky offense. On the other side, one of the game’s most consistent warriors, fearlessly matched and the better for it, with a fierce body attack and steady aggression. Both men say they want the king of their class, World Jr. Featherweight Champion Nonito Donaire.

The winner will have more than earned that scrap in the ring. It can wait. This week, it might be that too much of the press has featured Donaire. At least the chatter about Donaire has been focused. Abner Mares is the other side of the focus. There are plenty who want to see the two most prominent U.S.-based Jr. Featherweights face off. They should. It would be a hell of a scrap. [Click Here To Read More]

mares will end moreno's career

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
      only by GBP's sponsored robbery.

Moreno's extra reach and stealth is too much for Mares. Mares is very hittable.

8-4 Moreno with fair judging

Comment

just like he ruined morels huh?

your boy couldnt knock out a flyweight lol

Comment

War Mares!

Comment

Moreno wins by close decision.. it could end up being an ugly fight if Mares tries to box with him but i dont think he can handle his awkward movement Mares needs to pressuring him so he can land with solid body shots to slow Moreno down

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
              only by GBP's sponsored robbery.

Moreno's extra reach and stealth is too much for Mares. Mares is very hittable.

8-4 Moreno with fair judging
              That's what I thought also! Moreno must dominate to win a decision! Better if he gets a KO, which i doubt. Golden boy will rob u Blind!

Comment

do you even watch this sport? If you did you would see that Moreno has boxing talent Mares can only dream of. Moreno 118-110 in an easier than expected fight

Comment

moreno's last five fights were unimpressive and boring...the same with mares...i don't like either but moreno will frustrate mares in a 12-round boring fight...

i wanted mares to win because a fight with donaire is explosive if donaire fights a mexican but moreno will not trade punches with mares and likely to ran away with a boring 12-round ud...

Comment

of course Moreno is favorite, I agree but Mares can adapt & may surprise...not many gave him a chance vs Agbeko or Vic D...good bout 4 the fans...

Comment

Working...
                    X