Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitor Belfort stands as good a chance as anyone!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
    No. No he doesn't.

He's not the second best MW in the world. That would be Chael Sonnen.
    He doesn't have good footwork.

Jones won't stand with Vitor because he doesn't have to. I don't see inherent danger either with Jones getting in close with Vitor. I'm not sure if you watched his 1st and 3rd fights with Couture but Randy made Vitor his girlfriend up against the fence, in the clinch and on the ground and so will Jones.

I also don't know why people are still on Vitor's nuts today. As a fighter he's not anything special. He's accomplished virtually nothing meaningful in the sport, and while he was a wrecking machine early in his career, that can be largely if not all attributed to steroids. He was pumped to the gills early on and continued to use throughout his pro career.

I think you can also attribute Vitor's recent fragile nature (constant injuries) on his use of steroids as well.

Vitor has about one thing going for him and that's speed in his punches. There isn't much else that sticks out and really, there never was.

Of course he has a chance, but it's very, very slim.
    Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
    Yes. According to multiple MMA sites, Chael is the #2 ranked MW in the world and has been for quite some time.

And to be quite honest, beating Bisping and Stann does a hell of a lot more for your division ranking than beating Anthony Johnson (who is not only not with the UFC anymore, but he's not even a MW anymore) and Akiyama who just straight up sucks. Akiyama should be winless in the UFC as a matter of fact. I don't know how he managed to get the nod over Belcher in his debut.

I also don't see how Vitor has any less to lose than Rashad. As the challenger fighting the champion you typically don't have much to lose. Especially when the champion is a huge favorite.

Rashad also has much better footwork than Vitor, who tend to move forward in straight lines instead of working angles. Vitor has also been just as timid as Rashad in recent fights as well. It's what got him knocked out by Anderson.

Vitor does not have a very strong resolve in fights, which has been a major downfall of his. When things aren't going his way he tends to fade pretty fast.

And as I predicted, pretty much everything I said would happen: happened.

This looked just like his 3rd fight with Randy.

Vitor never threatened with anything except the armbar, which he threatened Randy with too and I don't think it was ever that serious.

Jones got him down with little effort several times

Jones beat him up from top position.

Vitor mentally faded after the first round

Vitor lost and he put up virtually no fight at all
    Last edited by Jack3d; 09-26-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Vitor is a dumbass. If he didn't care about getting taken down, why didn't he just bum-rush Jones?

He was backing up keeping his distance yet he wanted to pull guard on Jones??? made no sense.

From watching that fight I think he could have won if he used the right strategy..... go berserker mode(like prime Belfort) until you get a ko or Jones takes you down then pull guard and try your submissions. Could have worked.

Was a good fight nonetheless.

Comment

lol vitor fought with a broken hand which is why he said he wasnt more aggressive.

lol x2 i wasnt wrong either vitor has come closer then anybody to beating jones just with that armbar since before that the best anybody could do was win a round and thats because machida caught him flush off balance and made him back up and catch his footing.

didnt do no damage? lmao thats why jones thought he had nerve damage. your clearly bias and delusional if you think jones wasnt in trouble when Jones even thought he was going to let his arm break.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
          lol vitor fought with a broken hand which is why he said he wasnt more aggressive.
          lol and you believe him?

Another Brazilian with a lame excuse for getting beat.

Vitor, Anderson, Arona, Filho, Bigfoot, Nogueira they all have an excuse.

Nothing new here.

lol x2 i wasnt wrong either vitor has come closer then anybody to beating jones just with that armbar since before that the best anybody could do was win a round and thats because machida caught him flush off balance and made him back up and catch his footing.

didnt do no damage? lmao thats why jones thought he had nerve damage. your clearly bias and delusional if you think jones wasnt in trouble when Jones even thought he was going to let his arm break.
          Jones was never in trouble in this fight.

This isn't like Sonnen with Anderson where there was clear domination going on or doubt that Anderson may indeed be vulnerable in a certain area. Jones got caught in an Armbar as tons of fighters do all the time, some being superior fighters in relation to the fighter applying it.

Vitor had about as good a chance as everyone else Jones has fought, the bottom line is they all lost and they were all thoroughly and convincingly beaten.

Anybody with any sense knew that Vitor didn't have a chance in this fight. He's a rather one dimensional mentally weak dinosaur. He had his moment of "threatening" then champion then proceeded to fold like he usually does when things aren't going his way.

This fight was a farce and a waste of everyone's time.

Comment

Thats the thing tho man like i said the most trouble hes had before this fight was machidas tough style that lost him a round. Jones has never even come close to being beaten before and vitor is the first person who is able to say i came closest to beating him. Rashad can say he survived but never came close to winning that fight nor did anybody else.

I can agree a fighter with chaels mentality of taking the fight to jones has the best chance with being fearless and attack nonstop pressure but vitors blitz potential and bjj i will always say gives him a better chance to win since he can end a fight any second where jones has never had even a remote struggle against the best wrestlers at 205 nevertheless chael who ironically like you say about vitor is as one dimensional as they come.

This also gave hope in beating jones since he did look vulnerable for 30 seconds. Henderson is Jones last big threat. I am dying to see this fight as he can bring the pressure like chael and his overhand right is just as deadly as vitors left hand.

Comment

Working...
            X