Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these euros should join the IBHOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Just out of interest, since you base it on who they beat.

Who did Wlad and Vitali beat to be HOF?

the voting members form their criteria for membership in the hall of fame based on resume (IE who you beat and when.) what else would you go on?

do i really need to list the fighters the klistchko brothers beat?

Comment

Wlad & Vitali will get in there based on their title defences/reign alone, even with such shit opposition.

Abraham & Sturm no way, Froch probably not although it depends on what happens this Saturday and the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        the voting members form their criteria for membership in the hall of fame based on resume (IE who you beat and when.) what else would you go on?

do i really need to list the fighters the klistchko brothers beat?
        You were just implying that the klitschko brother's resume were better than that of Froch and Kessler.

If you go on their resume's, the two have only lost to the top top fighters. Both klitschko brothers have lost to lesser opponents (Brewster, Purrity, Byrd). Looking at Kessler's top win (Froch) and Froch's top win (Bute), who have the two brothers beat that compares to that level? Haye perhaps? They have beaten a lot of mediocre opposition, similar to Kessler's wins over Haussler, Green and Magee. Or Froch's wins over Pascal, Dirrell or Mack.

I'm all for both brothers to go in the HOF, but it won't be based on the quality of their resumes.

Comment

At least Sturm beat De La Hoya

Comment

They haven't even put guys like Kalambay, Collins & Michalczewski in the hall, and you think clowns like Abraham, Kessler or even Froch are going to get in?

Kalambay, Collins & Michalczewski are better than any current European boxer today btw. Kalambay by leaps & bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LELBRON View Post
              They haven't even put guys like Kalambay, Collins & Michalczewski in the hall, and you think clowns like Abraham, Kessler or even Froch are going to get in?

Kalambay, Collins & Michalczewski are better than any current European boxer today btw. Kalambay by leaps & bounds.
              Lol are you serious? Neither three didn't do anything even remotely close to Froch and Kessler.

Comment

You were just implying that the klitschko brother's resume were better than that of Froch and Kessler.

If you go on their resume's, the two have only lost to the top top fighters. Both klitschko brothers have lost to lesser opponents (Brewster, Purrity, Byrd). Looking at Kessler's top win (Froch) and Froch's top win (Bute), who have the two brothers beat that compares to that level? Haye perhaps? They have beaten a lot of mediocre opposition, similar to Kessler's wins over Haussler, Green and Magee. Or Froch's wins over Pascal, Dirrell or Mack.

I'm all for both brothers to go in the HOF, but it won't be based on the quality of their resumes.

i actually said that i'm not going to speak on vitali because he's an odd case, which he is. his best comp, and the champion during much of his era, was his brother. he had that odd layoff. and then he had two losses to the two best fighters he ever beat. other that that, though, in his prime he was hardly touched. he's an odd case. he'll certainly get into the hall of fame, but there's a lot going on that might lead me to exclude him. what i think doesn't matter anyway, as i don't vote people into the hall of fame.

do you want / need me to go through wladimir's resume? it is quite clearly superior to carl froch. wladimir will likely go down as a top 15 HW all time. froch will go down as a top 15 SMW for sure, but it's a very light weight class compared to HW. i won't be able to get to it this morning, but i'll sub the thread and get to it this afternoon if it's necessary.

i can see carl froch getting in to the hall of fame. i would not vote for him based my own standards, and intent to keep the hall for the true greats only. he's got a better resume than arturo gatti, for example. i would never vote for gatti. the HOF become quite diluted over the past few years with the advent of the internet voting block.

Comment

Out of that list Wlad only.

Comment

Lol are you serious? Neither three didn't do anything even remotely close to Froch and Kessler.

Do you even know who the people are that the guy mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i actually said that i'm not going to speak on vitali because he's an odd case, which he is. his best comp, and the champion during much of his era, was his brother. he had that odd layoff. and then he had two losses to the two best fighters he ever beat. other that that, though, in his prime he was hardly touched. he's an odd case. he'll certainly get into the hall of fame, but there's a lot going on that might lead me to exclude him. what i think doesn't matter anyway, as i don't vote people into the hall of fame.

do you want / need me to go through wladimir's resume? it is quite clearly superior to carl froch. wladimir will likely go down as a top 15 HW all time. froch will go down as a top 15 SMW for sure, but it's a very light weight class compared to HW. i won't be able to get to it this morning, but i'll sub the thread and get to it this afternoon if it's necessary.

i can see carl froch getting in to the hall of fame. i would not vote for him based my own standards, and intent to keep the hall for the true greats only. he's got a better resume than arturo gatti, for example. i would never vote for gatti. the HOF become quite diluted over the past few years with the advent of the internet voting block.
                      I agree about Vitali, but he'll go in the HOF. I'm sure of it. And deservedly so. He had an epic bout with Lennox, and has been unbeaten for ten years now. After his layoff, he hasn't faced the best opposition but some were good like Adamek and Arreola, and some were bad like Briggs, Sosnowski and Charr.

Looking at Froch's resume, he has wins over previous or future world champs in Taylor, Pascal, Dirrell, Johnson, Abraham, Bute and Magee (if you count him). Potentially Kessler as well. He's lost two close points decisions to probably the two best SMW of his era in Kessler and Ward. I don't count Calzaghe in his era.

This is a resume probably just as strong as the best champions in today's game. Top notch opposition, time after time. Wlad has a better resume than Vitali, that's undeniable and there are certainly good names on it like Haye, Ibragimov and Byrd. It is also filled up with Wach, Thompson, Mormeck, Pianeta, Austin and Rahman. Guys that in their prime, were fringe world level at best. Not Rahman perhaps. Froch's resume to me is awesome. And he fights guys in their prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X