Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny vs Floyd happened in november would it outsell Oscar v Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Manny vs Floyd happened in november would it outsell Oscar v Floyd?

I was pondering this with the interest falling on Floyd vs Pacman. I think the PPV could still crack 2million, but I don't know if it beats Oscar vs Floyd anymore. In 2009 and maybe even more so in 2010, I think it would handily beat Oscar vs Floyd, now with less interest, a couple losses on manny's record, and the amount of people streaming and torrenting, I think it barely hits 2 million buys, if even that.

don't think so. i think it'd actually do really well though.

Comment

I bet my bottom dollar it either beats the record, or comes super close.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
        I bet my bottom dollar it either beats the record, or comes super close.
        What do you consider super close?

Comment

Originally posted by dib420 View Post
          what do you consider super close?
          2.0. - 2.1 - 2.2 - 2.3 - 2.4.

Comment

If Manny comes back and kills Rios, which he will, and than beats the Marquez/Bradley winner, it could still sell a ton and be very anticipated in the Fall 2014 for Manny's last fight.

Comment

In 2009, 2010, It would have easily.

What other fight was out there that literally every fight fan wanted to see.

Not even Oscar was not as big as this fight used to be.
              Last edited by No Me Importa; 05-07-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, because mainstream media, fight fans still recognize the names. It would be huge...

Comment

Right now it probably would do well, but not as good as it could be. They have one more chance to strike the iron while its hot if Manny can go on a bit of a winning streak and redeem himself.

If everyone involved werent complete ****heads with huge egos they could have made the fight in spring 2010 (I think) and it would have crushed the Floyd v. Oscar fight.... the hype for it back then was unreal.

Comment

If Manny beats Guerrero after Rios, the Mayweather fight is back on track

Comment

Working...
                    X