Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins "Ive got my eye on Cleverly" {VIDEO}

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just surprised the guy didn't ask him if he was in the running for Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      big mistake imo. cleverly would be the first to stop hopkins when the ref out of the clear blue would just decide to stop the fight.
      I can only see that happening in favor of a British fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post
        I can only see that happening in favor of a British fighter.
        imagine how big fights would turn out if they had happened in britain. hagler-hearns and corrales-castillo would have been stopped in the first round. gatti-ward would have been stopped during the ring walks. zab judah, shane mosley and demarcus corley would have ko victories over floyd mayweather.

Comment

imagine how big fights would turn out if they had happened in britain. hagler-hearns and corrales-castillo would have been stopped in the first round. gatti-ward would have been stopped during the ring walks. zab judah, shane mosley and demarcus corley would have ko victories over floyd mayweather.
          omg don't even start. That's just a scary thought. It would literally rob boxing of most of its greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Fighting Hopkins is a no win situation even if you win
            If Cleverly beat Hopkins, it'd be a massively significant win for him. After all, we're talking about a guy who hasn't fought a single elite opponent here. But the fight won't happen of course, and if it did, Cleverly certainly wouldn't win.
            Last edited by TouchyAndalou; 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Fighting Hopkins is a no win situation even if you win
              I disagree. If someone was able to clearly beat Hopkins, that would be something else considering no one has ever beaten Hopkins clearly.

Comment

Most of the fights that are stopped quickly in Britain are because prospects are beating up cans or world champions are wailing on Peter Manfredos, i.e. the outcome is never in question. I can understand the frustration in watching this sometimes, but if British commissions and referees err on the side of caution a bit too much, it's not for no reason. Did you ever see Benn - McClellan? What about Eubank - Watson? Do you know what happened in these fights? They weren't stopped too soon, that's for certain.

Comment

LOLOL, can anyone imagine what Hopkins would do to Cleverly?

I'm having fun imagining the bewildered reactions to 'Warren stoppages' in those fights.

Comment

Hopkins-Cleverly would be such a funny fight.

I wanna see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                      The referee who made that terrible stoppage in the Cleverly-Kuziemski fight was an American named Mark Nelson:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Human:401021
                      you think the nationality of judges or refs matters? it's almost like you have no idea how boxing works............the ref's nationality is irrelevant. the fight took place under warren promotions and he is notorious for protecting his fighters so of course he's gonna have a yes man ref in there. the guy could be from britain, usa, germany whatever. why do you think you see the same refs and judges a lot of the times? these guys are willing to play ball.

Comment

Working...
                      X