Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Feel Sorry For The Younger Generation...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    truth is Quel that there is a great deal of more avenue's for artists and audiences alike to market and listen to music. The last 10 years or so have been a huge step forward imo in regards to what your talking about. That type of garbage in whatever genre has always been prevelant. Today its very easy to get real music from outside the label circle jerk of recycling the same b.s. over and over.

I understand what you're saying though especially in regards to it influencing young people into acting like idiots. Thugs, Scene, and emo's a poignant example.
    True, (and this goes for blaze too) but how many kids would even go that far too look for and find intelligent music suitable to their liking though?

Kids follow pretty much every fad that comes out on their end.

When a kid establishes that they like a certain type of music and start wanting to follow it. The first place they'll go to is the lead TV/radio station, after that all the music has to be is catchy because even if it's garbage you'll get hooked on the stupid **** if you listen to it enough.

Then you spend your entire developmental stage listening to pure garbage like Soulja Boy, Gucci Mane, or their equivalents in other genres.

Comment

Im 15 and thats why i stick with underground hip hop, people who spit real bars

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        because they're having the record companies via the mainstream media ram these talentless little assh0les rammed down their young impressionable throats.

Did you hear the lyrics in that ****? This little **** came in tied 18 as hip hop's biggest earners. All of it coming from teens and pre-teens buying into this brand of idiotic music. This **** is terrible and falls in line with the dumbing down of society.
        Dude the game is dead as **** right now,people who think it is not did not grow up in the 90s era of hiphop,its funny cause i remember listening to ditc,gravediggaz,kool keith etc and thinking how can they get better then this,i guess the answer all along was they could not.The true death for hiphop came over ten years ago,when Rock and Roll and Jazz Funk artists etc started suing for people sampling, before that it was a free for all just imagine all the Bootsy,James Brown,Parliment **** that was sampled,now if you want those samples you have to pay bank.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          Dude the game is dead as **** right now,people who think it is not did not grow up in the 90s era of hiphop,its funny cause i remember listening to ditc,gravediggaz,kool keith etc and thinking how can they get better then this,i guess the answer all along was they could not.The true death for hiphop came over ten years ago,when Rock and Roll and Jazz Funk artists etc started suing for people sampling, before that it was a free for all just imagine all the Bootsy,James Brown,Parliment **** that was sampled,now if you want those samples you have to pay bank.
          Hip Hop is NOT dead, it's just right back where it was, underground.

When Hip Hop started in the 70's in the Bronxs NYC, it was made by young black and Latino MC's and DJ's and the mainstream didn't know anything about it. White people in the suburbs didn't know what rap was, they had no clue.

Years later, groups like RUN DMC and Kurtis Blow made the mainstream. They were carry overs of the respected Hip Hop scene even though they were very commercialized. There were a lot of groups like that, what you see nowadays is people that have no talent, no connection to the Hip Hop culture and are doing what they are doing for one purpose and one purpose only..........to make money.

The REAL MC's and DJ's are underground, still making great music just not benefiting from the mainstream but that's a good thing. Because Hip Hop was made for us by us, and the real art form has come back home, with us.

Let these fools have this s.hit and let them eat it up. As for me, I will stick to listening to Mos Def, Talib Qwali, The Roots, Dilated Peoples, People Under The Stairs, Cannibal Ox and the many other great MC's out there that most have never heard of.

Comment

Another thing about the new generation that bothers me, is how much dope they smoke and their drug habits............it's out of ****ing control.

I'm not one to preach about that in some ways, because of my past.......but honestly they don't even understand how they're ruining their minds, and setting themselves up for a life of trouble knowing the wrong people.

LOL I don't really have to defend those statements either.

Drugs are bad. Bad. Especially herb, because it's the biggest gateway substance on the planet.

1% of the people who start off smoking weed stick to it.

99% end up experimenting and or using other and harder drugs.

Those are my made up stats.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
            Last edited by Run; 09-01-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLBOXING247 View Post
              Im 15 and thats why i stick with underground hip hop, people who spit real bars
              Yeah you're a good kid, also read my post above. And stay away from drugs. Don't ever, ever use them. Go to the gym, work out. Meet good girls.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

420 is the only thing ive ever touched, i fuked with it a bit to much, it changed my state of mine.. i think of **** alot differently now, but i belive everything happens for a reaosn and i think it helped me... now when i watch a fight i understand that there normal people to, so i understand **** they do in the ring more.. its also made me a better boxer.. you guys prob think im crazy but you wouldnt understand unless youve been in my shoes

Comment

i dont live in a good neighborhood, i was around that **** so i didnt know better, dont think im a bad kid, im sure half you people have fuked with it when you were younger

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                    Another thing about the new generation that bothers me, is how much dope they smoke and their drug habits............it's out of ****ing control.

I'm not one to preach about that in some ways, because of my past.......but honestly they don't even understand how they're ruining their minds, and setting themselves up for a life of trouble knowing the wrong people.

LOL I don't really have to defend those statements either.

Drugs are bad. Bad. Especially herb, because it's the biggest gateway substance on the planet.

1% of the people who start off smoking weed stick to it.

99% end up experimenting and or using other and harder drugs.

Those are my made up stats.
                    I agree for the most part R-Dub, except the bolded. I think that only weak minded individuals, venture beyond weed. I say that with it being a fact that I had two aunties fall victim to crack back in the 80's, and have seen countless others fall into the clutch, or grasp of that drug, along with Heroin.

I've blown pletny weed, and it never made me want to go out and find a bigger "high". I've also shelved herb as I have to take random drug tests, and I'm not throwing 15 plus years of a career down the drain(5 more years and then I get to retire for the 1st time) just to get blowed.

I believe we're force fed that gateway **** because it's harder to control the market on something that can easily be grown in your backyard, so the easiest thing to do is to(for THEM)is to give it a sinister outlook to the rest of society by saying "Look!!!! This is the drug that starts the downward, out of controlled spiral of our youth", when in all actuality it's probably the least harmful out of any of the drugs legal(cigarettes) or illegal(cocaine). There's alot of problems with todays youth, but it all starts with us, the media is just perpetuating the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                      Hip Hop is NOT dead, it's just right back where it was, underground.

When Hip Hop started in the 70's in the Bronxs NYC, it was made by young black and Latino MC's and DJ's and the mainstream didn't know anything about it. White people in the suburbs didn't know what rap was, they had no clue.

Years later, groups like RUN DMC and Kurtis Blow made the mainstream. They were carry overs of the respected Hip Hop scene even though they were very commercialized. There were a lot of groups like that, what you see nowadays is people that have no talent, no connection to the Hip Hop culture and are doing what they are doing for one purpose and one purpose only..........to make money.

The REAL MC's and DJ's are underground, still making great music just not benefiting from the mainstream but that's a good thing. Because Hip Hop was made for us by us, and the real art form has come back home, with us.

Let these fools have this s.hit and let them eat it up. As for me, I will stick to listening to Mos Def, Talib Qwali, The Roots, Dilated Peoples, People Under The Stairs, Cannibal Ox and the many other great MC's out there that most have never heard of.
                      You know your **** bro impressed,but most of the underground dudes you mentioned have been around forever and there **** has fell off in recent years,it is a rarity today to find a true gem honestly the last album that had me hooked was Only Built For Cuban Linx part 2,and a few other good albums in between,but the truth of the matter is the hiphop game is like a 3 hour old bowl of cereal soggy as sht.

Comment

Working...
                      X