Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do I become a judge in boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how do I become a judge in boxing...

Obviously over half these judges dont know what the hell they are doing...I live in Vegas some of the year and when I do scoring on fights its always accurate with the public's opinion...would love to get in on this and help to change boxing for the better...

I'm pretty sure you just go to the arena on the day of the fight, stumble in **** faced drunk and say that you've watched at least one sporting event in your lifetime.

Boom. Judge.

Comment

Neither of you two idiots above could pass a judges exam for the professional level, you'd probably fail the amateur one too.

And fiercepierce, you've already broken an officials code................
      Last edited by Rockin'; 06-22-2014, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Neither of you two idiots above could pass a judges exam for the professional level, you'd probably fail the amateur one too.

And fiercepierce, you've already broken an officials code................
        Rockin', why are you always so sensitive and butthurt all the time? Everytime I see you post, you're mad. You stay mad. It's just the internet. Just because you were some lame ass club fighter (allegedly actually, **** your real career was probably on EA Fight Night 04')
        who may or may not have made 40 bucks a fight plus a free night at a Motel 6 don't make you the representative of boxing on this site. You're a nobody, bro. Nobody knows who you are and nobody gives a f**k.

So quit taking all the boxing jokes so seriously and enjoy your life, you lame ass tard. Oh, and quit signing off your name after every single post. That ish is as gay as your "career" was.
        Last edited by Mike D; 06-22-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

By the way Brian Sutherland would've stomped your sorry ass. KO1 first tenth of the first second of the fight.

Comment

hahahahha but yeah start with usa boxing, tell them you used to play basketball and have never seen a fight and you'll be in.

Comment

Get a few gigs locally I guess, and then call the promoters and Haymon and make it clear you're for sale.

Comment

a) you must be related to people of influence within the industry

b) you must have been around since the time of Damon Runyon

c) you must have no public persona

d) you must have never watched any boxing prior to becoming a judge, for fear of bias.

Pick any 2 of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Rockin', why are you always so sensitive and butthurt all the time? Everytime I see you post, you're mad. You stay mad. It's just the internet. Just because you were some lame ass club fighter (allegedly actually, **** your real career was probably on EA Fight Night 04')
                  who may or may not have made 40 bucks a fight plus a free night at a Motel 6 don't make you the representative of boxing on this site. You're a nobody, bro. Nobody knows who you are and nobody gives a f**k.

So quit taking all the boxing jokes so seriously and enjoy your life, you lame ass tard. Oh, and quit signing off your name after every single post. That ish is as gay as your "career" was.
                  The only thing lame are your boxing 'jokes'.

And I fought out of Galaxy with Jackie Kallen taking care of me. I fought hard in a world class stable and stood my ground just fine.

If you weren't ****ing on the sport than I would have had nothing to say to you.

I took both tests for refereeing and judging with the ABC (Unified Rules).

I certified as a referee.

Reffed and judged 100's of amateur bouts.

You would fail. What do you actually know about boxing?.....Rockin'

Mike D I signed my name just for your enjoyment
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 06-22-2014, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                    hahahahha but yeah start with usa boxing, tell them you used to play basketball and have never seen a fight and you'll be in.
                    You will be tutored in gyms and actual competition. When you've become properly trained and knowledgeable you take the test and are certified assuming that you passed. You will have zero impact on any amateur bouts until you are certified.

But yeah, anybody can get involved and give it a shot............. Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 06-22-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X