No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko discusses Briggs gym ambush [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
    i kinda understand where hes coming from ..he wanted to be acknowledged by wlad and wlad treated him like a fan and didnt recognize him lol. that could piss some people off ...especially considering he fought the guys brother just a few years ago in a pretty big fight. i dont know if its worthy of a shoe throwing rage, but i could see how itd get under a persons skin.

like somebody else said, can briggs actually be worse than leapai? ive never even heard of this guy and some of wlads other opponents. id rather he fight another notable name and get it on his resume. he would demolish shannon but its better to demolish a "name" than demolish a bum nobody has ever heard of. it looks better for the casual fans and will look better on his resume in the future when hes retired

what id really like to see though is briggs vs wilder. its actually a great fight when u think about it. people complain about wilders opponents and briggs would by far be his toughest test. briggs actually poses a threat by having serious power, and he also has an iron chin. would love to see if deontay could take him out. briggs would also make a payday in that 1, and if he wins, it could rejuvenate his career somewhat by stealing hyped up wilders thunder. also wilder needs rounds and experience and briggs would definitely give him that win or lose. everybody wins, including the fans since thered almost surely be a KO. its a great fight at this point
    Wladimir could also fight Muhammad Ali or George Foreman, great names on the resume once he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
      i kinda understand where hes coming from ..he wanted to be acknowledged by wlad and wlad treated him like a fan and didnt recognize him lol. that could piss some people off ...especially considering he fought the guys brother just a few years ago in a pretty big fight. i dont know if its worthy of a shoe throwing rage, but i could see how itd get under a persons skin.

like somebody else said, can briggs actually be worse than leapai? ive never even heard of this guy and some of wlads other opponents. id rather he fight another notable name and get it on his resume. he would demolish shannon but its better to demolish a "name" than demolish a bum nobody has ever heard of. it looks better for the casual fans and will look better on his resume in the future when hes retired

what id really like to see though is briggs vs wilder. its actually a great fight when u think about it. people complain about wilders opponents and briggs would by far be his toughest test. briggs actually poses a threat by having serious power, and he also has an iron chin. would love to see if deontay could take him out. briggs would also make a payday in that 1, and if he wins, it could rejuvenate his career somewhat by stealing hyped up wilders thunder. also wilder needs rounds and experience and briggs would definitely give him that win or lose. everybody wins, including the fans since thered almost surely be a KO. its a great fight at this point
      Briggs is a glutton for pain.he'd relish Wilder punching his dumb azz for 12 rounds.other than round experience what else is in it for Wilder other than a possible loss.Wilder has a title shot lined up,he doesn't need another fight as of this moment.

I'd have liked to have seen Wilder face someone like Briggs,Guinn or Kingpin,a guy who doesn't fold after a few rounds,low output punches but the type of guys who'll be around for the long haul.i suppose we may get the chance to see Wilder go past the 4th against Arreola or Stiverne,should his own jaw hold up against a competitive opponent ! I'll be betting against Wilder personally.

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      Won't happen because it is fairly high risk, low reward for Wilder. He already put himself in position for a crack at the WBC belt, no need to even take any tune ups in the meantime. And I don't think Briggs has even fought in a few years, how could he get himself into title contention with just 1 fight? Would be the same as Leapai, coming from nowhere to beat a mandatory challenger/top contender and getting an undeserved shot, just uncovering a hype job, like Boytsov.
      I think the criticism of Boytsov is a little unjust,he'd been shelved for over a year,with the exception of three rounds against a relative unknown at short notice.was grossly out of shape against Leapai,having had well known promotional issues.it was widely reported he was a routine regular on the Hamburg club scene during his 12 month hiatus,whether or not Sauerland moved him to Berlin to remove him from the circle of friends he was surrounding himself with or just for training purposes alone is anyones guess,but I personally can't see the wisdom in moving him to Berlin of all places,if they were concerned about his nocturnal rituals in Hamburg !

He has the potential to rebound with hard work,he has one loss ! Look at Chisora,he has 4 losses and he's potentially 1-2 fights away from a mandatory title shot.I see him fighting for a title within the next 24 months,if Sauerland continue to rebuild David Price the way Warren has rebuilt Chisora,they can feed Price to Boytosv and he's well and truly back in the mix.

Comment

Briggs, like Samson, lost his power when he cut his hair off. At this point Hayden Panatierre would give him trouble for 3 or 4 rounds. After than I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Briggs is a glutton for pain.he'd relish Wilder punching his dumb azz for 12 rounds.other than round experience what else is in it for Wilder other than a possible loss.Wilder has a title shot lined up,he doesn't need another fight as of this moment.

I'd have liked to have seen Wilder face someone like Briggs,Guinn or Kingpin,a guy who doesn't fold after a few rounds,low output punches but the type of guys who'll be around for the long haul.i suppose we may get the chance to see Wilder go past the 4th against Arreola or Stiverne,should his own jaw hold up against a competitive opponent ! I'll be betting against Wilder personally.

I think the criticism of Boytsov is a little unjust,he'd been shelved for over a year,with the exception of three rounds against a relative unknown at short notice.was grossly out of shape against Leapai,having had well known promotional issues.it was widely reported he was a routine regular on the Hamburg club scene during his 12 month hiatus,whether or not Sauerland moved him to Berlin to remove him from the circle of friends he was surrounding himself with or just for training purposes alone is anyones guess,but I personally can't see the wisdom in moving him to Berlin of all places,if they were concerned about his nocturnal rituals in Hamburg !

He has the potential to rebound with hard work,he has one loss ! Look at Chisora,he has 4 losses and he's potentially 1-2 fights away from a mandatory title shot.I see him fighting for a title within the next 24 months,if Sauerland continue to rebuild David Price the way Warren has rebuilt Chisora,they can feed Price to Boytosv and he's well and truly back in the mix.
          I don't think Chisora and Boytsov's careers can be compared with the losses...Chisora lost to Fury (current top contender and undefeated) when he was grossly out of shape, got robbed v undefeated contender Helenius, KO'd by former champ Haye cos he got into a slug fest and obviously to Vitali K, after giving him a tough night. Boytsov lost to a fat Samoan who was knocked out by Kevin Johnson!

That's the thing, Boytsov doesn't take his career particularly seriously, and he is not a 21st century heavyweight...his power isn't amazing, he's pretty small, and he's feasted on bums and not even beat them convincingly like Wilder even.

I don't rate him at all, and won't until I see him with a true contender.

Comment

Working...
          X