Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Your Favorite Hard Liquor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotch and Drambuie, the old rusty nail.

Nastiest drink I've ever made when I was a bartender.

Had a customer who used to gulp them down.

Comment

I want to meet the tough bastard who says Gin. That shit tastes like Pine-sol to me.

Comment

Comment

Vodka is for girls. Whiskey is for men.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            I want to meet the tough bastard who says Gin. That shit tastes like Pine-sol to me.
            I love Gin. But, it is an acquired taste. It also packs more alcohol than most other liquors if you buy the more notable brands like Tanqueray and Beefeater.

I like it with a little club soda/seltzer and lime. I cannot stand the taste of tonic so I don't drink the classic....even though bartenders seem to always miss me saying "club soda" and make it with tonic automatically.

There's actually a very good gin made in Phila (though I had heard it's made in West Chester) called BLUECOAT. Good stuff.

I'm also a whiskey drinker. Given a choice my favorite is Jack Daniels Single Barrel. It's frequently confused with "Gentleman Jack", but is nothing like it. Single Barrel is very potent but smooth stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              Cognac for me is a special event drink. Just surprised how many people it's their regular drink.

I can imagine drinking 10 vodka crans but not 10 cognacs. LOL.
              Question is your favorite, not your go to drink. My absolute fAvorite is an xo.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

its garbage,

I'll go with Cognac as well, if I have to pick a favorite.

Obviously Swizzy knows as much about liquor as he does basketball
                Yea now I remember twas u who kept giving me crap about that. Did u have traumatic experience w/it?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Yea now I remember twas u who kept giving me crap about that. Did u have traumatic experience w/it?

Yea, i sipped a rusty nail. Then i tasted it straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Wine and Champagne ain't liquor. Bourbon is a style of whiskey, as is Scotch. With whiskey you have to be more specific as there are many kinds.

Cognac, Bourbon and aged Grappa. Grappa that hasn't been aged isn't as good but I can drink a good one. I also like Drambuie which I get crap for because its an "old man" liquor.
                    yes I know all that. I made the thread title before I filled in the poll.

it took me all of 10 seconds to make this poll so I made some mistakes.

my bad.

Comment

Between Tequila and Rum.

Comment

Working...
                      X