Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What's Next for Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only two meaningful fights out there that can actually be done, is the winner of Canelo-Lopez, or Danny Garcia. There's really nobody else out there. Every names that had potential, are now getting eliminated one by one. IMO Pacquiao was eliminated a threat right after Marquez schooled him, drawing with Bradley did not help either[IMO it was a Draw]. Khan just got eliminated brutally and decisively by Garcia in 4 rounds.

Canelo/Lopez. 154[Canelo], or 147[Lopez].

Danny Garcia at 147.

Devon Alexander at 147.

Guerrero if he beats Aydin.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if Mayweather decides to take another 1 year vacation to let a fight with one of these 5 guys marinate, until there's a definite candidate to fight him. Let's face it, you have to come off a huge win to get Mayweather's attention. And who could come off a big win out of these guys? Garcia already did, and Lopez could do it with a big upset over Canelo. Canelo is Canelo, he can draw and has the flashy undefeated record. Devon and Guerrero should fight each other to determine who deserves Floyd out of them two..

Comment

Mayweather cant fight Lopez or Garcia theyre both Al Haymon fighters.

I really hate saying this but he might take another year off which sucks cause the clock is ticking with him and i wanna see as many fights as i can with him.

Cotto rematch is still a possibility but Cotto should have been stirring the bees nest to draw attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DefThatGuy View Post
        Mayweather cant fight Lopez or Garcia theyre both Al Haymon fighters.

I really hate saying this but he might take another year off which sucks cause the clock is ticking with him and i wanna see as many fights as i can with him.

Cotto rematch is still a possibility but Cotto should have been stirring the bees nest to draw attention to it.
        Yeah I know about that, Haymon fighters not fighting eachother. I think Devon Alexander is an Al Hyamon fighter too, isn't he? I'm pretty sure he signed with him a few months ago. So that's 3 fighters out of those I mentioned. But you know, if the fight is big enough, Haymon would allow it.

Comment

If you think about it, there really isn't much out there except Guerrero and Canelo if they win their fights. No way Mayweather fights a Top Rank fighter. Obviously the best fight that every one would want to see, would Mayweather vs Martinez if he can beat Chavez Jr. That would be such a good fight. But I doubt it happens, you never know. People doubted Mayweather would fight Mosley in 2010 and it happened. Mayweather and Martinez are pretty much there in age, just a couple of years.

Comment

the problem with all the young bucks is that besides us no one knows them besides us. I mean Robert Guerrero would actually be a decent fight if his health issues are out of the way. Plus this guy has 0 draw. Im going to the fight here in the bay in 2 weeks and when i say plenty of tickets available im not kidding and hes fighting at home lol.

Comment

Khan's loss last pretty much guaranteed we won't see Floyd in the ring again til 2013. If I had to guess, it will be against Canelo on Cinco De Mayo. WBA Super, WBC and Ring JMW belts all on the line.

Comment

He'll fight Sergio next year.

The hardest part is who'll be his stay busy opponent for later this year.

I want James Kirkland!

Comment

i think the manny pacquiao fight is gona be done later this year or early next year

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    i think the manny pacquiao fight is gona be done later this year or early next year
                    Let us hope so. That'll be a great way for him to end his career with wins over manny and Sexy Sergio. He may not have the deep deep resume of a Sugar Ray Robinson, but if he can beat Sergio at 160 pounds, he'll be up there with Ray in my mind.

Comment

I think it will be Garcia. You could argue that Garcia would be an easier sell then Ortiz was last year. Even though he has not fought at WW he is undefeated coming off a big KO win against a big Junior WW. Ortiz was still being dogged for quitting against Maidana and only had one fight at WW against an overrated (and possibly juiced) Andre Berto.
                      Floyd could justify it as a tune up to see where he is following jail as long as a Manny or Sergio fight is promised next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X