Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
    ur watching too much cnn
    U don't need to watch cnn to think America is still great

It's plain facts

Military, money, influence #1 ,#1 ,#1

Obama was a crap president, doesn't make the country crappy

Just because obama was weak, doesn't make America weak

Make America great again?

The last time America wasn't a world power was over a century ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
      ur watching too much cnn
      This ****ing idiot is basing his whole opinion on one of trumps catch phrases

Then says I watch too much cnn lol

""We're not great anymore because of that Kenyan barrack osama!!!""

"Make America great again."

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Ummm

I wasn't aware America isn't great now.

Strongest military, largest economy, 300 million population

Pretty great still to me.
        That's what I am thinking as well. The worlds only super-power.

This leads to the question: What exactly does "great again" mean? How are we to measure that? Can somebody elaborate?

Comment

my 401k is a heck of a lot greater than it was 4 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            US students are 22nd in the world in reading performance, 34th in math, and 26th in science.
            Those numbers aren't as accurate as you think.
            In the USA we test everyone, including many of our ESL, Special Education, and kids with leaning disabilities along with our general population. Places like China, Korea, Singapore who consistently rank at the top test only their top kids.

Comment

Trump will rake in more money than all President's combined while in office...for himself. He gives no ****s about making America great again, which is a weird term anyway since America was never great.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                Those numbers aren't as accurate as you think.
                In the USA we test everyone, including many of our ESL, Special Education, and kids with leaning disabilities along with our general population. Places like China, Korea, Singapore who consistently rank at the top test only their top kids.
                This is not accurate either. The tests which provide these rankings do not take in all national exam results for each of the countries ranked. They specifically look at students who are chosen for such an analysis.

The countries that put themselves forward for such rankings only put forward their absolute best students.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  This is not accurate either. The tests which provide these rankings do not take in all national exam results for each of the countries ranked. They specifically look at students who are chosen for such an analysis.

The countries that put themselves forward for such rankings only put forward their absolute best students.
                  Mate trust me there is so much cheating and manipulating of these PISA (program for international student assessment) test that I wouldn't trust the validity of them.
                  Been in education for over 10 years. Taught over seas and in the US. I can tell you places like China (Shanghai in particular), Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore all cheat. They've had major scandals not only on these test but on college entrance exams into the US.

Comment

U don't need to watch cnn to think America is still great

It's plain facts

Military, money, influence #1 ,#1 ,#1

Obama was a crap president, doesn't make the country crappy

Just because obama was weak, doesn't make America weak

Make America great again?

The last time America wasn't a world power was over a century ago.
                    This ****ing idiot is basing his whole opinion on one of trumps catch phrases

Then says I watch too much cnn lol

""We're not great anymore because of that Kenyan barrack osama!!!""

"Make America great again."
                    Again ur watching too much cnn

Ur ignoring the fact that the US is going the wrong way under demorats

Yea america is still great

But not for too long if we continue being under globalist party

Ur ignoring the fact that our enemy outside loves to see us fall

United Nation is now controlled by countries who wants to see the West fall and Israel

And they did penitrated our system under Obamo

Making america great again means puting us back to the right track

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      Mate trust me there is so much cheating and manipulating of these PISA (program for international student assessment) test that I wouldn't trust the validity of them.
                      Been in education for over 10 years. Taught over seas and in the US. I can tell you places like China (Shanghai in particular), Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore all cheat. They've had major scandals not only on these test but on college entrance exams into the US.
                      I'm sure there is cheating but is your claim the US is not involved in such cheating?

Your original claim already turned out to be false. Also, anyone who has met mathematics and science students from those far eastern countries can tell you from personal experience that they are superior to those here in the UK and I assume the US too. Their level of tecahing studying, especially that in S. Korea is far better than ours in teh western world.

Having said that, they also have 12+ hours of study per day and one of the highest rates of suicides among the 10-39 year range on the planet, so their obsession with facts and figures comes at the c ost of childhood. So there's a lot we can learn from them about school structure and motivation and there's a lot they can learn from us about balancing the life of a child.

Comment

Working...
                      X