Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon let's Khan fight Canelo but we arent calling out GGG of ducking Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    You have an account on boxingscene.com yet do not want to see one of the best active boxers fight a larger, power fighter that will keep pursuing him.

You are like a child that prefers AND1 or streetball to NBA basketball because its more entertaining.
    Lara one of the best? Keep shoveling it up sis....

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Why do people drag Mayweather into every topic, WTF does this have to do with Mayweather?

B-Hop also joked about going down for Mayweather for the type of Money you can make when you fight him

Not taking sides or saying GGG right or wrong, I'm just saying that Lara moving up and putting himself in position to GET a shot at GGG would be a lot better than waiting for him to pick you.
      agreed, also people love to compare Wade to Lara... they say both are Haymon fighters... but they fail to... or just simply ignore that Wade is mandatory, so your comments on Lara becoming a mandatory is spot on if we are going to compare apples to apples (or Laras to Wades)

Comment

Wish people would stop bringing up Lara cuz as soon as the fight get signed...everyone will come to their senses and write him off ass GGG next victim..JUST STOP

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
          agreed, also people love to compare Wade to Lara... they say both are Haymon fighters... but they fail to... or just simply ignore that Wade is mandatory, so your comments on Lara becoming a mandatory is spot on if we are going to compare apples to apples (or Laras to Wades)
          But that would completely undermine their argument.

If Wade has been the #2 IBF mandatory as well as a Haymon fighter, it should've been pretty easy last year to match up Lara against Wade. Just as it would have been easy to match Lara and Jacobs. Either way, Lara would've proven himself at MW and now be in great position to get a Golovkin fight. So, why weren't these fights happening? Oh that's right, Lara had big fights with Delvin Rodriguez and Jan Zaveck at JMW.

Comment

Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
            But that would completely undermine their argument.

If Wade has been the #2 IBF mandatory as well as a Haymon fighter, it should've been pretty easy last year to match up Lara against Wade. Just as it would have been easy to match Lara and Jacobs. Either way, Lara would've proven himself at MW and now be in great position to get a Golovkin fight. So, why weren't these fights happening? Oh that's right, Lara had big fights with Delvin Rodriguez and Jan Zaveck at JMW.
            yes you are right it would that's why your statement and my statement will not be quoted on here and if it will they will say Lara is a better name then wade and that's where the argument will end. It's just becoming a silly argument... yet day in and out we still talk about it SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
              yes you are right it would that's why your statement and my statement will not be quoted on here and if it will they will say Lara is a better name then wade and that's where the argument will end. It's just becoming a silly argument... yet day in and out we still talk about it SMH.
              I respect that Wade is a Mando...There's nothing wrong with that..But why have I never heard GGG say Lara's name? If he's so easy to beat why not just fight him? No he doesn't have many fans ( I'd say it directly correlates with the IQ level around here) but everyone knows it means something to beat Lara fan or not.

Do I believe GGG is ducking Lara and is afraid? No, I believe his team understand that even in a win over Lara GGG would be made to look bad for long stretches so are simply not pursuing the fight until it becomes more prominent.

To the other guy that asked me why I brought up Mayweather, Well I brought it up because it was completely relevant to the conversation. Lara calls out GGG and you say *move up and become Mando" and I pointed out that when GGG was calling out Floyd he was making no attempts to drop down and gets wins at 154 yet you would have said nothing other than "Floyd's scared" or "Floyd doesn't challenge himself".

Comment

Why is it that Golovkin's team the one that needs to reach out to everyone?

All of these clowns (Lara/Jacobs/Quillin) should be the ones trying to fight the best, which is Golovkin. They're the ones who can't sell tickets, they have no belts, and they're the challengers. If they were serious, they should be chasing down Golovkin and his management instead of dropping bull**** like 'you know where to find me' or 'well the financials have to make sense, give me 5-10mill'.

I still can't believe people are buying into this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  That's the function of matchmaking, something a fan of the sport, particularly one on NSB, should realize.

If the power guy can cut off the ring and continues to punch, you are almost assured of getting an exciting fight resulting from the clash of styles.

Sadly, posters like you and boxing "journalists" like Rafael keep suggesting that the boxing should be taken out of boxing. If you don't like boxing, stick to BKB or other promotions like that.

These promotions never seem to last because why pay for something you can see for free on youtube every Fri-Sun morning after the drunks get it on.
                  That's not boxing, that's running. True boxing is when you make fool out of them right in front of their face. Not some shit like avoid a punch and then end up on the opposite side of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                    I respect that Wade is a Mando...There's nothing wrong with that..But why have I never heard GGG say Lara's name? If he's so easy to beat why not just fight him? No he doesn't have many fans ( I'd say it directly correlates with the IQ level around here) but everyone knows it means something to beat Lara fan or not.

Do I believe GGG is ducking Lara and is afraid? No, I believe his team understand that even in a win over Lara GGG would be made to look bad for long stretches so are simply not pursuing the fight until it becomes more prominent.

To the other guy that asked me why I brought up Mayweather, Well I brought it up because it was completely relevant to the conversation. Lara calls out GGG and you say *move up and become Mando" and I pointed out that when GGG was calling out Floyd he was making no attempts to drop down and gets wins at 154 yet you would have said nothing other than "Floyd's scared" or "Floyd doesn't challenge himself".
                    Can someone tell me where this Lara love fest coming from. I don't even think he's the man at 154 and yet all you guys do is bring him up constantly.

More importantly what does GGG gain by beating Lara? To prove to five people on this forum he can beat him? He's not going to get credit from the majority of the fans because all they see is a career jmw fighting at mw for the first time. And especially the way he fights. No one going to be impress if GGG beat Lara. He throws maybe 10 punch a round and just try to avoid getting hit.

Comment

That's a good point. The ball.is always in canelos court, but, lara, trout, mayweather and Cotto are arguably better than anyone on gggs resume. Not a bad or unfair demand from canelos camp, beat lara first and I fight the winner, etc.

I'm not on canelos sack, but not a bad ploy from a fighters perspective, but as a fan I hate it, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X