Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who really is the #1 P4P best of all times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there was more tape on prime Robinson I would gladly rate him above Ali.

Comment

Srr..............

Comment

The correct answer is Sugar Ray Robinson. Next question.

Comment

With all due respect to Robinson and Ali, the Greatest of All-Time was Sam Langford.

No one has EVER done or WILL do what he has. Since he was only 5'6, it was David v.s. Goliath in virtually every fight.

He was a living fairy tale, though David v.s. Goliath is a true story.

It's a legendary accomplishment in itself when one of the worlds greatest Heavyweights of all-time, Jack Dempsey acknowledges he'd never mess with you, despite being much smaller stature in comparison to one of the most revered fighters in history.

Comment

Robinson or Ezzard Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Robinson or Ezzard Charles.
              Two of the smoothest most graceful fighters ever. But tough as nails.

Comment

Greb, Langford or Robinson for me, too much between it's just to difficult to just pick 1.

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                The p4p tag was thought of by watching Robinson and realizing that a 6'2" 210lbs Robinson would also control the heavyweight division easily.
                Just a myth, the p4p tag was used before Robinson for Tony Canzoneri and Bob Fitzsimmons.

Newspaper article from 1933 describes Canzoneri as the greatest human fighting machine of the modern era pound for pound:

There's plenty more, that's just the first I found.
                Last edited by NChristo; 12-09-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Mark View Post
                  With all due respect to Robinson and Ali, the Greatest of All-Time was Sam Langford.

No one has EVER done or WILL do what he has. Since he was only 5'6, it was David v.s. Goliath in virtually every fight.

He was a living fairy tale, though David v.s. Goliath is a true story.

It's a legendary accomplishment in itself when one of the worlds greatest Heavyweights of all-time, Jack Dempsey acknowledges he'd never mess with you, despite being much smaller stature in comparison to one of the most revered fighters in history.
                  Langford definitely had one of the best of all time lines (forgive me if I have the wrong fighter....I am almost sure L said this) "I carry my two referees wid me for every fight my left and my right."

Comment

Has to be SRR for his dominance, longevity and who he beat. Also for complete skillset - speed, power, combo punching, fighting going fwd and backwards. et al.

Comment

Does there have to be a #1 p4p of all time? It is contentious enough coming up with a current #1, nevermind throughout history.

Comment

Working...
                      X