No announcement yet.

Maravilla lacked motivation for The Dazzler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maravilla lacked motivation for The Dazzler

This was a unmotivated Martinez that seemed to have been going through the motions and lacked the killer instinct to make fireworks. Maybe he took Barker a little lightly than he should have? I can certainly say Martinez wasn't anywhere near his best, he seemed happy to cruise through the rounds and box. He looked a little lethargic at times and disorientated in there.

No discredit to Barker or anything, he done a good job and was tactically spot on. The fight reminded me of Pacquiao - Clottey to be honest (negative). Martinez just didn't have the urge to hit top gear, nore did he need to (he knew Barker didn't possess the pop to hurt him).

Martinez has fought top opposition in his last 5 fights so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he had an off night - and plenty of top boxers have them.

He needs to fight a live opponent next, possibly Pirog, Lee, Govotkin. Martinez will be motivated and it'll certainly bring the best out of him.

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
    Maravilla lacked motivation for The Dazzler
    Lack of motivation wasn't the problem-- lack of talent was.

I told you before the fight MARAVAGINA was a bum.

Now that he fought like a bum, you try to make up excuses after the fact.

Lameeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
      Lack of motivation wasn't the problem-- lack of talent was.

I told you before the fight MARAVAGINA was a bum.

Now that he fought like a bum, you try to make up excuses after the fact.

Lameeeee.
      Should we go round saying Pacquiao is a bum after his fights with Mosley & Clottey? They both had similar tactics to Barker and Pacquiao didn't look good at all.

Ridiculous.

Comment

Styles make fights i'd say. Martinez is def no bum. Look at Pacquiao vs Mosley, Pacquiao didn't look good at all and had trouble with Shane at times. A tall peek a boo boxer seems to give Martinez problems. Guys his height or shorter i don't think would.

Comment

Working...
        X