No announcement yet.

Is Hopkins-Wright a Superfight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hopkins-Wright a Superfight?

Two guys squaring off that most people have in their top 5 P4P. Do you consider this a superfight?
    Yes
    55.26%
    No
    44.74%

YES!

two p4p fighters.

Two hall of famers.

Two great Boxers.

They have both been in the ring with proper fighters.

This is a superfight. (its on PPV as well, not free to view)

Comment

For me, NO and I've noticed that there hasn't been a real 'buzz' around here surrounding this fight. I think it will be 'chess match' with limited action enroute to a close decision. This fight just doesn't interest me...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        For me, NO and I've noticed that there hasn't been a real 'buzz' around here surrounding this fight. I think it will be 'chess match' with limited action enroute to a close decision. This fight just doesn't interest me...
        How can 2 p4p fighters and all time greats not be superfight,

But Mikkel Kessler fight is a superfight?

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
          How can 2 p4p fighters and all time greats not be superfight,

But Mikkel Kessler fight is a superfight?
          I think a 'super-fight' is a fight that pits two fierce competitors against one another and is a fight that fans really want to see and be apart of. I'm a casual viewer of these two fighters but, I don't see the enthusium, hype, buzz, etc about this fight like I did with PBF-DLH and now with PBF and Hatton or even Pavik-Taylor.

Comment

I think a 'super-fight' is a fight that pits two fierce competitors against one another and is a fight that fans really want to see and be apart of. I'm a casual viewer of these two fighters but, I don't see the enthusium, hype, buzz, etc about this fight like I did with PBF-DLH and now with PBF and Hatton or even Pavik-Taylor.
            Yeah your right, but i think superfight depends alot on the fighters taking part, and these two guys are of the highest quality around right now, good to see two p4p's getting in the ring, for me its facinating because i like skill based fights, i thought Pavik miranda was more sloppy then a can of rice pudding, but some people thought it was fight of the year.

Comment

What the ****? The #1 ranked middleweight contenderr vs. the light heavyweight champion who happened to be middleweight champion for like a decade isn't a superfight? Two P4P guys that have been in that list for a while isn't a superfight? Two guys with victories over CERTAIN hall-of-famers Trinidad, De la Hoya, and Mosley isn't a superfight?

Comment

Its a superfight for boxing fans, not a superfight for casual fightfans

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
                  Yeah your right, but i think superfight depends alot on the fighters taking part, and these two guys are of the highest quality around right now, good to see two p4p's getting in the ring, for me its facinating because i like skill based fights, i thought Pavik miranda was more sloppy then a can of rice pudding, but some people thought it was fight of the year.
                  I think that a 'super fight' has to generate alot of anticipation, interest, and hype and ya know I could be wrong, but I haven't seen alot of that here...

The next super fight this year will be the Hatton-Mayweather fight(if it happens) and to a lessor extent the Taylor-Pavlik fight...

Comment

I think that a 'super fight' has to generate alot of anticipation, interest, and hype and ya know I could be wrong, but I haven't seen alot of that here...

The next super fight this year will be the Hatton-Mayweather fight(if it happens) and to a lessor extent the Taylor-Pavlik fight...
                    I think it depends on how you look at it, in a boxing fans eyes it is a superfight its not everyday you get two top10 p4p'ers in the ring together, however its there defensive styles that stops it from being a superfight for the casual fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X