No announcement yet.

Hey Pac: You better not retire!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeidrich View Post
    ironic... u keep saying that u dont care but u havent missed a single thread about pac retiring
    I do care. I care about Pac retiring and allowing boxing to breathe again.

Comment

Why are people begging him not to retire? Boxing is bigger than any fighter and if he leaves he would be replaced just like Mayweather was replaced when he left...no big deal.

Comment

If I lived in the Philippines, I wouldn't vote for him. I would start a petition, don't vote for him for another 2 years minimum. He should have another 3 or 4 fights at least. Though, if he fights and beats Mayweather/Mosley winner, then he has cleaned out WW, maybe fight Berto, though he really has not done much to deserve it, only other fights would be move down to 140 and beat Bradley,Alexander, and whatever other junior welter's emerge to the top of the division or move to 154 and fight Williams and possibly a couple others.

Comment

Originally posted by disolly View Post
          If I lived in the Philippines, I wouldn't vote for him. I would start a petition, don't vote for him for another 2 years minimum. He should have another 3 or 4 fights at least. Though, if he fights and beats Mayweather/Mosley winner, then he has cleaned out WW, maybe fight Berto, though he really has not done much to deserve it, only other fights would be move down to 140 and beat Bradley,Alexander, and whatever other junior welter's emerge to the top of the division or move to 154 and fight Williams and possibly a couple others.
          Pac lost the last time he ran for the Phillipine legislature and there is a good chance he won't win this election either. People on this site think that Pacquaio is the most popular and well-known person in the Phillipines and his election is a shoo-in. I am sure that he is no more popular or recognizable than a major sports star in the U.S. Vitaly Klitschko had name recognition and still lost an election.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Why are people begging him not to retire? Boxing is bigger than any fighter and if he leaves he would be replaced just like Mayweather was replaced when he left...no big deal.
            sup ray... I aint begging him... Im just putting my 2 cents here...

if pac choose to retire now... I beleive is gonna hurt his legacy... sameway that happened to floyd when he retired and was dissed and bashed for not taking risky fights...... Pac has taken risky fights his whole career... but you are as good as your last fight.. and if your last fight is a field day with clottey.. and retire instead of comming to terms with another great fighter like you to fight..... maybe is not gonna hurt him that much, but it will have an impact.... thats for sure. some ppl may going to start saying that the reason he retired was that he prefer to retire instead of taking the blood test which will increase the ped's accusations.

is not big deal... but I would love to see the BEST TWO FIGHTERS of the last decade fight each other.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
              sup ray... I aint begging him... Im just putting my 2 cents here...

if pac choose to retire now... I beleive is gonna hurt his legacy... sameway that happened to floyd when he retired and was dissed and bashed for not taking risky fights...... Pac has taken risky fights his whole career... but you are as good as your last fight.. and if your last fight is a field day with clottey.. and retire instead of comming to terms with another great fighter like you to fight..... maybe is not gonna hurt him that much, but it will have an impact.... thats for sure. some ppl may going to start saying that the reason he retired was that he prefer to retire instead of taking the blood test which will increase the ped's accusations.

is not big deal... but I would love to see the BEST TWO FIGHTERS of the last decade fight each other.!!!

I totally understand you Mellow, I dont want him to retire too because i prefer all our best fighters to be around and give their all but when his mum has been pleading with him to retire for over 2 years now.

I would love to see him fight Mosley and Mayweather but the fact that his mum knee down begging him to retire is alot to me. It might look like he want to duck fighter or testing but i just think he might have come down to a point where he feels he has to go out on top.

But if he does retire he would be replaced by someone else.

Comment

Working...
              X