Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs. Broner is an Audition for a Mayweather fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why on earth would Arum put together and promote a fight between Pac and Broner for the benefit of Mayweather. He and Mayweather hate each other and Mayweather would probably not fight if Arum made money off him. Mayweather let Arum make money off of his fight with Pacquiao but that fight was a dud. A rematch wouldn't be nearly as big. Pac vs Broner is just a fight to make everybody some money. Nothing more and nothing less. I doubt it has anything to do with Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Neither will happen. Not Broner vs Pac. Not May vs Pac 2
      I agree with this. However.. What sort of boggles the mind is... Why not fight from either Floyd or Pac's POV... They both know they're not gonna get hurt (no big physical risk) and even if they don't get ridiculous 100million paychecks, it's still huge, easy money for both guys... so why not? Is it really that they both have enough money and are content to be retired?

Comment

You seem to have every detail worked out including a tuneup fight between Bradley and Mayweather. You have a wild imagination. The Broner vs Pac fight is just talk now but you have several fights past that already done deals leading to a showdown with retired Mayweather. All of these future fights you are predicting are possible. Only the Broner vs Pac fight is at all likely to happen. All the other fights you think will happen are extremely unlikely to happen. I guess there is no harm in trying to predict the future. Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
          I agree with this. However.. What sort of boggles the mind is... Why not fight from either Floyd or Pac's POV... They both know they're not gonna get hurt (no big physical risk) and even if they don't get ridiculous 100million paychecks, it's still huge, easy money for both guys... so why not? Is it really that they both have enough money and are content to be retired?
          True but I don't care to see it. It will go the same way as the first fight. I content with watching the current boxers trying to become as popular and good as May and Pac are.

Comment

Roberto Duran on Adrien Broner:On Adrien Broner saying he would like to fight Floyd Mayweather:

"I don't remember who Broner is, frankly...

[After being prompted]

"The one Maidana beat? Oh that clown! No man, that guy no. That's not serious. He wants to fight who? No man, Mayweather was at his last fight in [D.C]...No, Mayweather schools him. The problem with that little fighter is that he thinks he's a macho man, a superman, but that guy can't take a punch. Mayweather beats him easy, with no problems."

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              I have a feeling this pac vs broner fight is an audition for who mayweather fights next. Broner needed a bigger name to get his name out there to make the floyd fight juicy, what bigger name and bigger win than pacquiao? Broner will spend the hype on dissimg floyd saying things like you stunk up the joint ill show you how its done, etc.

Pacquiao beating ab could solidify the rematch, i think this was a decision by Haymon and Arum. They thought this out and felt why not? It makes business sense for both.

Mayweather is not going to fight Danny Garcia, because Floyd will never use Vada testing, WBC requires that every championship fight uses VaDa drug testing. i dont see floyd undergoing vada, he uses Usada. Only way that fight could happen is if garcia vacates, but then who is garcia without the belt? He doesnt have a big fanbase and hasnt done a ppv.

Mayweather will have a tune up fight, with Tim Bradley, bradley has been on ppv and has history against pacquiao and marquez, he will beat Bradley easy and say he beat Bradley better than pacquiao.

Thats just my theory if floyd is going to comeback that is a best case scenario for him. Fighting thurman, ggg, do not bring him the type of money he desires, plus they are high risk, with ggg being a high risk high reward its a huge step up and for the lineal title at middle, while thurman high risk very low reward since floyd already has multiple titles at welter.
              None of those fights are happening. Mayweather ain't fighting 51 times.

Comment

Mayweather will fight Pacquiao in 2017, and then GGG in 2018 after Golovkin wrecks Canelo's **** late next year.

Comment

Working...
                X