Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendrick Lamar was such a hype job, he aint no Drizzy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly didn't really dig Kendrick's new album, but everyone and their brother hyping it like it's a classic. It's just not music I could sit down and vibe to, I'm sorry. That being said, it was still decent, and Kendrick >>>>> Drake

Comment

Kendrick is from the CPT so he gets my approval.

Comment

Originally posted by In Motion View Post
        Kendrick is from the CPT so he gets my approval.
        He's certainly better than Drake. I don't get cats that say hip hop is dead. If anything the new school is better than it's been in a minute.....

Kendrick
        Cole
        Joey Badass
        Yelawolf
        Krit
        Earl

Even guys like Tyler, Q, **** even Mac released a couple dope projects in a row. I don't even hate Macklemore.

Comment

but he ain't tupac... tupac was a thug ass n.igga... this fool ain't even a thug...
          Lol what an immature thing to say. You sound like your 12.
          Last edited by stefjonno1; 05-15-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

In hip hop you dont have to be a thug to be an MC. Drizzy got bars and so does Kendrick but I'm just pointing out how people hype that dude up like he was the second coming of B.I.G.

Also people act like hip hop is dumb down or something like its suddenly a crime to have fun and rap at the same time.

Ish dont have to be serious all the time about gangs, drug dealing, or splitting *****s wigs open to the white meat.

Drizzy may get clowned on for being emotional or a nerd but the dude works hard and gots bars.

Drizzy has sustained his success for more than half a decade while J. Cole, Kendrick, Meek Mill, and ASAP have fallen off already.

People dont realize how hard it is to make it in the music biz let alone freakin sustain your success after your first big commercial album.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli Grinding View Post
              In hip hop you dont have to be a thug to be an MC. Drizzy got bars and so does Kendrick but I'm just pointing out how people hype that dude up like he was the second coming of B.I.G.

Also people act like hip hop is dumb down or something like its suddenly a crime to have fun and rap at the same time.

Ish dont have to be serious all the time about gangs, drug dealing, or splitting *****s wigs open to the white meat.

Drizzy may get clowned on for being emotional or a nerd but the dude works hard and gots bars.

Drizzy has sustained his success for more than half a decade while J. Cole, Kendrick, Meek Mill, and ASAP have fallen off already.

People dont realize how hard it is to make it in the music biz let alone freakin sustain your success after your first big commercial album.
              Kendrick and Cole fell off????

Cole just released Forest Hills Drive, easily his best major album yet, and is about to go platinum, his highest selling album so far. Kendrick just released one of the most critically acclaimed albums in a long time, though I disagree with critics on it, and went Gold easily.

Kendrick and Cole are 2 mainstream artists doing it right. Drake isn't Wayne level of terrible, but lets not get it twisted. Drake isn't some guy resurrecting the essence of real hip hop in any way.

Meek Mill and ASAP are crap anyway. I'll take Schoolboy Q, Tyler, Joey Badass, Earl Sweatshirt, Yelawolf, Big KRIT, **** even Macklemore over those lame ****s any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                F.uck Kendrick and Drake.. j.Cole s.hits on all of them... Kendricks trying to speak to the homeys when he ain't even a homey... just cuz ur in the hood don't mean your from the hood... if he stops trying to make message music he would out do drake... but he ain't tupac... tupac was a thug ass n.igga... this fool ain't even a thug... so f.uck both those whack a.ss rappers... j.Coles on the throne...
                Very ignorant statement. You really think people live in the hood by choice? To say Kendrick doesn't experience poverty, grief and dismay because he wasn't gang banging is foolish. I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica. I had never squeeze a trigger, but had gun pointed in my face, gun shots put me to sleep and wake me up. I had friends who lost their lives to street. I felt pain and despair, so now, you are gonna tell me I can't relate to hood struggles?

Comment

J Cole > both imo anyway.

Kendrick is massively overhyped in my book. He has some good songs but some mofos act like EVERY song he pulls out is complete fire lmao.

Comment

What Drake is doing relatively is easy. It is harder for someone like Lupe, J-Cole and Kendrick, when the material they bring are from a social consciousness view point. Imagine taking something realistic, making it rhyme sensible and put it on beat. Drake is trying to make money, while Kendrick is using the medium to voice his pain like Pac. Don't get me wrong, in the end, they all still making money, but one lyrics will be immortalized and one will eventually fade away like Pac and Biggy. I am a learning person, so I maybe be bias, when I watch, read or listen to anything, I should be learning something, Drake's music doesn't do that for me.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      What Drake is doing relatively is easy. It is harder for someone like Lupe, J-Cole and Kendrick, when the material they bring are from a social consciousness view point. Imagine taking something realistic, making it rhyme sensible and put it on beat. Drake is trying to make money, while Kendrick is using the medium to voice his pain like Pac. Don't get me wrong, in the end, they all still making money, but one lyrics will be immortalized and one will eventually fade away like Pac and Biggy. I am a learning person, so I maybe be bias, when I watch, read or listen to anything, I should be learning something, Drake's music doesn't do that for me.
                      you listen to rap music to "learn"? wtf

Comment

Working...
                      X