No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO!!!!.... He would retire him.
    I laugh so hard when his groupies say that he [Cotto] would beat Maravilla. Lulz

Comment

• Looks like both guys will be on the shelf for awhile. Take a tune up and than a rematch. Martinez beats his ass again without that 12th round.

Comment

• martinez vs cotto

cottos gives up to much size to martinez and his punching power has not followed him as he has moved up in weight.

Comment

• Damn Sergio did Jr. Like pac did Margarito. Sounds like the rematch will be delayed.

Comment

• wow it is eerily similar to pac/marg. two southpaws vs much bigger mexicans and both got their faces broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Yes, I know I'll get some crap from the hardcore Cotto fans. But Sergio, at 160 or even a 157 CW or something, will stop Cotto.

Sergio is just all wrong for Cotto. If this happens next year, someone needs to bump this thread.
              At 154, I don't think Martinez stops him. Despite what some people might say, Miguel is a warrior. He's too good for Sergio to go to town like he did against Junior. I believe Martinez would win a UD in an a close, exciting fight. 160 is harder to call. Miguel's never fought at that weight. There's a possibility that "Maravilla" just might be too much for him at middleweight. A catch-weight? I'll go with the same thing I said for 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                At 154, I don't think Martinez stops him. Despite what some people might say, Miguel is a warrior. Cotto's only been stopped once in his career, in a notoriously questionable fight. He's also too good for Sergio to go to town like he did against Junior. I believe Martinez would win a UD in an a close, exciting fight. 160 is harder to call. Miguel's never fought at that weight. There's a possibility that "Maravilla" just might be too much for him at middleweight. A catch-weight? I'll go with the same thing I said for 154.
                He's been stopped twice.

Comment

• Lol at the source

Comment

• I do believe Cotto would lose this fight at MW and unless it takes something out of Martinez to come to 154, he loses there too. Martinez is too big and has all the advantages over Cotto. Cotto is already fighting in a division where he isn't too big. MW would be too much and I'm glad he decided against doing that. I don't think this fight is going to happen anyway.

Comment

• now he has an excuse to not train

Comment

Working...
                      X