No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    savons career will remain being a amateur till he retires, its a shame most of these cuban boxers never turn pro, he could go far, but i'd see him more of a cruiserweight, reminds me of David Haye, very slick, fast hands

Jousha was made to be a HW, i can see he packs a punch, but his footwork needs a lot of work...
    Half of those Cubans will find their way to the US, sooner or later.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksan View Post
      6'7 Zhang or 6'9 Dychko can beat him don't worry so he will not even get to the final... but hey he has the judges.
      I wouldnt get to confident, Jousha has beat some stiff competition before

Zhang packs a punch and so does Dychko, but they arent slick or use the ring like Savon. All these remaining contenders are very stiff big guys, so you can expect more heavy blows and nobody will be running around the ring.

Comment

They said the same about Odlanier Solis, and also in the HW division the age doesn't matter that much, like the light weights, so he could have an Olympic Gold in Rio and he will be just 26 years old. (By that time Fidel will be dead)
        Fidel is not in power anymore and hasnt been for years

Comment

• Surely Joshua will go on to win gold proving he makes the distance in the remaining bouts? You probably need to score at least twice as many clean shots as Joshua to win. For every one shot Joshua scores, the opponent will need to score two basically.

Joshua will win gold IMO.

Comment

• Joshua is at home, it is going to be hard for anybody to get a win over him, plus nothing against the other fighters but this my have been his difficult match up in terms of style because of Savon slickness and outstanding footwork and overall SPEED

it is already predetermined that Anthony Joshua is winning gold in his DIVISION unless he gets Knocked Out! But take nothing away from Anthony Joshua the guy has legit talent, but I thought Savon beat him especially with that 3rd Round performance from Savon...but hey what can you do, best of luck to Joshua the rest of the way

Comment

(By that time Fidel will be dead)
              Says who? Fidel was supposed to be dead 10 years ago. The dude is a fkin zombie.

Comment

• For once i agree with Dancov...thought Savon won that quite clearly. Savon was hugely impressive and i would love to see how he would fare in the pro's. Man these Cubans dont **** about!

Not taking anything away from Joshua though, he got a gift decision but he still looked good. I think he's made more for the Pro game and is a huge talent, but he lost that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Fidel is not in power anymore and hasnt been for years
                  It's naive to think Fidel is not in power. You're being fooled to think he's not in power but believe me he still got his hands in the system. They might have some internet now and some cells but Cuba is no better than ever. Trust me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    I wouldnt get to confident, Jousha has beat some stiff competition before

Zhang packs a punch and so does Dychko, but they arent slick or use the ring like Savon. All these remaining contenders are very stiff big guys, so you can expect more heavy blows and nobody will be running around the ring.
                    What, I guess you didn't see the Dychko fight

The giant looks like a damn Ballerina in there, he has the best footwork of the HW's that remain in competition.

Comment

They said the same about Odlanier Solis, and also in the HW division the age doesn't matter that much, like the light weights, so he could have an Olympic Gold in Rio and he will be just 26 years old., he's 9 months younger than Joshua. (By that time Fidel will be dead)
                      Fidel dead or alive, he already has people to take his place..

Savons best bet is to claim political asylum, although i am sure he cares too much about his family to leave them there to die because the Cubans are known to take vengeance on family members

His uncle/Trainer never ditched Cuba and he won 3 golds, so i think Savon will follow in his footsteps sadly

Comment

Working...
                      X