Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight ratings for Wilder vs. Arreola 1.57 Mil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected more from a FREE Network TV heavyweight champion fight, those are pretty poor numbers for a heayweight champion from America.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      It's not really good though when the numbers are considered below average. This was primetime Fox TV, not Fox Sports1 or some cable channel.

I was hoping/expecting a lot more, I thought it would be well over 2m considering he is an American Heavyweight champion. I want to see Wilder get huge numbers so if/when a Wilder vs Joshua fight goes down it will be a massive event that draws in casuals and new fans to the sport.

I didn't see any promotion for this fight though so I'm sure that played a role. If I wasn't a hardcore fan that always checks the monthly schedule I would have had no idea this fight was going down.
      Well im no numbers guy, just thinking it was a entertaining fight so those 1.57 million will tell others about him and tune in again maybe

Comment

Finals game 7 had 32 mil viewers, boxing has a long way to go to become mainstream again.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
          Finals game 7 had 32 mil viewers, boxing has a long way to go to become mainstream again.
          Sad but very true.Basketball is far superior to Boxing here

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
            I get where you're coming from, but that is the biggest game of the year for basketball. Boxing's equivalent would be Mayweather or Pacquiao fighting

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              well that's being very optimistic. unfortunately networks don't think like that and are pulling their hair out and committing suicide left and right for trusting haymon
              Haymon has yet to see a single broadcaster turn against his project (NBC, though, did pull Ray Leonard/Marv Albert from the effort on their channel, reasoning unknown).

Why do you continue to delude yourself?

Comment

Decent #s

Another top 10 for the year for PBC

if the ,Porter/Thurman #s are any indication it'll go up to 1.9 or so

Another thing is I don't know how it was for everyone else but the first 2 hrs of the broadcast for me only showed the Vazquez/Diaz and Lubin fights so the Wilder fight might not even be registered

Comment

A Saturday night in the middle of the summer. Why would you choose to stay at home to watch boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                    Sad but very true.Basketball is far superior to Boxing here
                    Because in basketball, every year the teams that reach the finals have to face each other. Boxing on the other hand, marinates ****. Boxing has no one to blame but itself along with the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                      I get where you're coming from, but that is the biggest game of the year for basketball. Boxing's equivalent would be Mayweather or Pacquiao fighting
                      In 2015, thetop 12 most popular shows were all NFL games. 26 out of the top 27 were all NFL games.

Average viewers per telecast for NFL
                      Fox (late afternoon) — 26.8 million

CBS (late afternoon) — 24.1 million

Sunday Night Football (NBC)– 23.7 million

Comment

Working...
                      X