Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Golovkin-Brook: Valid Reasons to Make It, Hate It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a good article.....good but not great because I dont think GGG should leave the middleweight division just like Marvelous Marvin Hagler .....tommy hearns....roberto duran ...and ray leonard moved up to fight Hagler (in my book Marvelous defeated Sugar but that is for another discussion)....By GGG staying at Middleweight it exposes the pretenders....they either price themselves out ......call him out with no real intention of fighting or vacate.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
      This was a good article.....good but not great because I dont think GGG should leave the middleweight division just like Marvelous Marvin Hagler .....tommy hearns....roberto duran ...and ray leonard moved up to fight Hagler (in my book Marvelous defeated Sugar but that is for another discussion)....By GGG staying at Middleweight it exposes the pretenders....they either price themselves out ......call him out with no real intention of fighting or vacate.
      I agree 100% ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
        Boxing aint for fanboy consumers.....Anyone who has a problem with this fight get away from my sport.

So, boxing IS for fanboy consumers then ?

Fk you're an idiot LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post

If Kell Brook is "the best guy available", then "by GGG staying at Middleweight" he BECOMES a pretender.

1) middleweight is DEAD
          2) Saunders is his ONLY reason for staying

I will repeat the important part..... Billy-Joe Saunders !!

Staying at middleweight is completely pointless..... he has Saunders, which is unlikely..... and he has Canelo, which is even more unlikely..... he is LITERALLY hanging waiting around for scraps.

You have to dare to be great, if you want to be mentioned alongside Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime
            1) middleweight is DEAD
            DEAD? Not exactly. Shallow? Unarguably.

Originally posted by aboutfkntime

Staying at middleweight is completely pointless..... he has Saunders, which is unlikely..... and he has Canelo, which is even more unlikely..... he is LITERALLY hanging waiting around for scraps.

This is slightly inaccurate. What keeps him at middleweight is the WBO title and TheRING Magazine lineal title.

All this talk of legacy and comparability to "the greats" is too early. He's still active and will probably stay active for (generously) another 5 years. I'll reserve any judgement until he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              These two fan groups definitely seem to have intense problems with this fight.
              Flomos have intense problems with Golovkin, period.

Most of are them are not boxing fans, they are Floyd Mayweather fans, and since Floyd retired the only interest the sport holds for them is to carry on fighting the Floyd vs Manny war by proxy, via attacks on GGG.

Golovkin fans = Golovtards = Pactards. That's how it works for them.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                If Kell Brook is "the best guy available", then "by GGG staying at Middleweight" he BECOMES a pretender.

1) middleweight is DEAD

BHop spent 10 YEARS at 160 unifying the division and only moved up to 175 after losing twice to Jermain Taylor.
                Last edited by kafkod; 07-11-2016, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by auoydwe View Post
                  DEAD? Not exactly. Shallow? Unarguably.

This is slightly inaccurate. What keeps him at middleweight is the WBO title and TheRING Magazine lineal title.

All this talk of legacy and comparability to "the greats" is too early. He's still active and will probably stay active for (generously) another 5 years. I'll reserve any judgement until he's done.
                  I've been following boxing for a long time. Here's something I've noticed ... boxers only start worrying about "legacy" when all the money fights have been made and the purses banked.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Flomos have intense problems with Golovkin, period.

Most of are them are not boxing fans, they are Floyd Mayweather fans, and since Floyd retired the only interest the sport holds for them is to carry on fighting the Floyd vs Manny war by proxy, via attacks on GGG.

Golovkin fans = Golovtards = Pactards. That's how it works for them.
                    larryxxx... certainly seems to have intense problems.

Comment

"Golovkin-Lara would be an interesting fight if it could be made. But as with Canelo vs. Khan, there’s more money that can be made from a sideshow between a 160-pounder and a 147-pounder than from a more competitive fight between a middleweight and the available opponents at or closer to his size..."

"And yet this fight deserves criticism because it is being made primarily for business reasons, because it is not what we wanted, nor is it expected to give us an acceptable substitution for what we desired. Golovkin has blown away decent and good middleweights. Now he’s facing a welterweight. Brook may fight bravely. But unless he boxes perfectly, he will go down brutally..."

http://www.boxingscene.com/fighting-...int_friendly=1

But GGG is not "business man!" GTFOH!

Comment

Working...
                      X