Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Mex vs PR rivalry good for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Mex vs PR rivalry good for boxing?

Is the Mex vs PR rivalry good for boxing, Or does is it just bring out the ugly side of people here on boxingscene?

Internet brings the worst of people. Rivalry? Just look how much respect those fighters have for each other. Ignorant and fools do their thing.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
      Internet brings the worst of people. Rivalry? Just look how much respect those fighters have for each other. Ignorant and fools do their thing.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      You're right. The anonymity that the internet offers brings the worst of people.

The rivalry is awesome. Rivalry raises the level of competition thus giving us great excitement and provides extra motivation for the fighters to fight harder and the fans to cheer louder. It's a wonderfull thing and I live the rivalry with the highest of emotions.

Comment

I love me a Puerto Rico vs Mexico rivalry and I bet cases of beers with the Mexicans I know around my way...win or loose we all get drunk and continue with our day...what jtcs1981 said is right on point! I actually didn't know there was so much e-beef on this topic until I joined this site...

I have much respect for everyone here especially the latinos but there's a couple that are extremely ignorant...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          I love me a Puerto Rico vs Mexico rivalry and I bet cases of beers with the Mexicans I know around my way...win or loose we all get drunk and continue with our day...what jtcs1981 said is right on point! I actually didn't know there was so much e-beef on this topic until I joined this site...

I have much respect for everyone here especially the latinos but there's a couple that are extremely ignorant...
          I have to admit that before I joined this site I knew about our rivalry but not all the ugly e-beef. Before I would root for all PR fighters against non hispanics, Now I don't root for them as much. Some of my favorite PR fighters I would root for are Tito, Manfredy and Collazo. Nowadays I root for WV 2 and that's about it, PR is lacking in good fighters right now. I can't stand Cotto!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
            I have to admit that before I joined this site I knew about our rivalry but not all the ugly e-beef. Before I would root for all PR fighters against non hispanics, Now I don't root for them as much. Some of my favorite PR fighters I would root for are Tito, Manfredy and Collazo. Nowadays I root for WV 2 and that's about it, PR is lacking in good fighters right now. I can't stand Cotto!!!!!
            and that's how you feel and I respect that, every Mexican I know personally hates him and I go back and forth with them but in a respectful way not like here with some cats that start throwing racial slurs for no reason, ignorance...
            when I first joined here my first 5 sigs I did were for my Mexican brothers and they hate Cotto ^^^ lol!...one of my favorite boxers of all times is Chavez Sr. and when he beast Camacho I was upset but it didn't make me hate him but respect his amazing boxing skills...

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
              Is the Mex vs PR rivalry good for boxing, Or does is it just bring out the ugly side of people here on boxingscene?

Both... It is good for boxing and brings out the ugly side of people around here, some are downright nasty.. From both sides..

Comment

Competition is always good in any sport, brings out the best of both sides, PR-Mex rivalry included.

Just disregard & ignore the very bias & ignorant posters.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  and that's how you feel and I respect that, every Mexican I know personally hates him and I go back and forth with them but in a respectful way not like here with some cats that start throwing racial slurs for no reason, ignorance...
                  when I first joined here my first 5 sigs I did were for my Mexican brothers and they hate Cotto ^^^ lol!...one of my favorite boxers of all times is Chavez Sr. and when he beast Camacho I was upset but it didn't make me hate him but respect his amazing boxing skills...
                  I just watched Chavez sr VS Laporte. laporte was giving it to Chavez early but started fading later in the fight. I Had Chavez winning by Two points, what do you think? Also I recenltly rewatched Cotto VS Mosely and again I thought Mosely won Cotto was doing good for rounds1-8, I had Cotto winning by two points at that time but then Mosely got aggressive and walked Cotto down from rounds 9-12. I had Mosely winning by 2 points.

Comment

I think it's the best boxing rivalry of all times! Nothing get's my blood pumping hard like a good Mex vs PR boxing match.

I'm just wondering if the national extremists on this site really argue like that with each other out in public or if they're just like that on here.

Comment

Working...
                    X