No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Del Valle Explains Why He Took The Darchinyan Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Del Valle Explains Why He Took The Darchinyan Fight

When Orlando "Orlandito" Del Valle (16-0) steps in the ring on September 29th he will face the toughest opponent of his career. He will take on former world champion Vic Darchinyan (37-5-1) on a special edition of HBO's Boxing After Dark series.

Del Valle knows that Darchinyan has a huge edge in experience but feels that he is ready for the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good boxer

This guy is very humble but dont let that fool you, he is a Lion inside the ring.
    Beating Darch will make everyone take notice of him, bring him bigger names and $$$.

This will be a war and I am cheering for Orlandito.

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
      This guy is very humble but dont let that fool you, he is a Lion inside the ring.
      Beating Darch will make everyone take notice of him, bring him bigger names and $$$.

This will be a war and I am cheering for Orlandito.
      Like U said, He is extremely humble but when He steps into the ring He's an all out skillful warrior..I've met him & We've spent some time talking & not only has he shown to be humble but has also shown smarts by admitting to himself what he's done wrong in previous fights & trying his best to correct it in his next fights & he also studies his opponents & the rest of the top 10 fighters(which could become opponents) in his range of weights category's very well & picks notice of their virtues just as much as their flaws..Very cool & smart Kid!!

Comment

This fight is gonna be good. Some people think Darchinyan is done. I dont!! Darchinyan should be WBC champ right now, he got ROBBED in Japan 3 month's ago.

Last edited by UTEP; 07-31-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I like both fighters but vic has been in many wars and this fight is not in his weight class I believe valle by decision

Comment

I don't think that requires much explanation at all~

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              I like both fighters but vic has been in many wars and this fight is not in his weight class I believe valle by decision
              I just realized Del Valle has never fought a southpaw in his whole proffesional carrer. That can be bad news for him. Darchinyan has been in many wars but he's not much smaller than Del Valle, Vic used to fight at 118 alot early in his career. 4 pounds north aint that much.

Comment

Guys like Del Valle, Justin Furtuna, Jessie Vargus are what make Boxing great. All three have stepped up early and are not in the least protected like Jose Benavidez and the Arroya twins.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                  I just realized Del Valle has never fought a southpaw in his whole proffesional carrer. That can be bad news for him. Darchinyan has been in many wars but he's not much smaller than Del Valle, Vic used to fight at 118 alot early in his career. 4 pounds north aint that much.
                  Noe Lopez 2x, Tommy Atencio, Ray Rivera, Christopher Rivera, Jorge Cordero... They all were southpaw and all them got KO but Atencio.

Comment

I am not sure I can take Vic in this one, whilst I still think he has a fair bit left in the tank, he didn't exactly sparkle at 118 so I don't hold much hope for him at 122. He is also nearly 37.

Comment

Working...
                    X