Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Andre Ward or Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    It's fair criticism.....why didn't he beat any champs with belts or fight champs with belts? Why was his only win over a champ with a title was a 1 legged feather fisted bum?........

Just sayin.....
    Guys in here are disputing "best win" But Cotto has moved up numerous divisions and fought the best in each. He fought damn near everyone worth mentioning at WW . Its well known that the WW division is one of boxings toughest divisions of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Cotto has actually fought multiple first ballot HOFers. Ward hasn't.
      Other than Mosley, what HOF has Cotto beaten? Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by fightingfigs View Post
        Guys in here are disputing "best win" But Cotto has moved up numerous divisions and fought the best in each. He fought damn near everyone worth mentioning at WW . Its well known that the WW division is one of boxings toughest divisions of all time.
        Please list his elite wins.......

Comment

longevity gives it to Cotto right now, but Ward just needs 2 or 3 big wins more, and 2-3 years more competing against the best(not even win all his fights) and he'll surpass Cotto easily...

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            Other than Mosley, what HOF has Cotto beaten? Margarito
            he said he fought HOF's not beat them

Comment

Ward had to go through Mikkel Kessler to win his first major title. Carl Froch to win his second major title. He beat both who were champions, no vacant title.

Cotto went through the murderous row of Carlos Quintana(good win) for a vacant title, then Michael Jennings for his second major title, which was also vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
                he said he fought HOF's not beat them
                Exactly, thank you for proving my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                  It's fair criticism.....why didn't he beat any champs with belts or fight champs with belts? Why was his only win over a champ with a title was a 1 legged feather fisted bum?........

Just sayin.....
                  It's an overrated criticism. Clottey got stripped of his title cuz' he tried to unify against Cotto.

And, Cotto defended his title against a still solid Mosley. It's more important on how you defend the title than on how you win it IMO. I don't give Cotto credit for his run at 154 cuz' he hasn't defended against anyone. I take his run at 147 over this run. I would even take his run at 140 over this run. This run at 154 is pretty weak. And, this is the run that he has "beaten a champ" doesn't mean anything because again of who he has defended it against.

Plus I would take a win over an 07 Mosley, Clottey no matter how close and debatable they were. Even a Quintana win. I would take those wins over a Maussa win(who had already beaten in 03) in 05, I would take those wins over a Kermit Cintron in 06.

It's not a fair criticism, it's a pretty overrated criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                    I disagree, Ward's best wins are Froch, Kessler, Bika, and Abraham.

Cotto's best wins are Mosley(past prime), Torres, Judah, Quintana, Margarito, etc.

It's close but I favor Ward, neither guy has an elite win.
                    But, with this double standard and agenda of course you going to feel the way you feel.

Look at what you just did here. Mentioned Mosley as past prime. Why did that have to be mention? To take away from that win? Now I'm NOT saying that you're wrong...I might agree that Mosley was past prime. Again I'm not saying that you're wrong...But, you didn't do the same to Bika for Ward? Why? I don't see the "past prime" title being the next to Bika name? Why? Because, we're not trying to diminish that win? Why even mentioned Past prime for Mosley but not Margarito? is it because Cotto win over Mosley as close as questionable as it might have been is still better than any win in Ward resume? And, Margarito isn't even one of Cotto best wins. Same goes to AA for Ward.

Putting dickriding, fanboyism, nuthugging, hating, on the side being as unbiased and as neutral boxing fan as you can be. It might be close it's clearly Cotto. As of right now that's not debatable. As of today Ward is the better P4P fighter. But, as of today Cotto has the better resume. But, might and I'm pretty confident will change when it's all said and done. Ward would finish with the better resume if he continues doing as good as he is doing.

Comment

Cotto, but it's early days for Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X