No announcement yet.

Baer VS Carnera: Beautiful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Why is picking Baer over the Ks a sign of hate?

Poet
    It isn't. But picking Carnera over them is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      It isn't. But picking Carnera over them is another matter.
      Yeah, but he was specifically singling out Baer beating them.....as if it's somehow insulting.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Yeah, but he was specifically singling out Baer beating them.....as if it's somehow insulting.

Poet
        True. Some fans seem to have very strong opinions about how present fighters would do against those from before they were born. You get irrational comments from both sides. I probably wouldn't pick Baer in those matchups, but it is hardly unreasonable like picking Tommy Burns to beat them would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          True. Some fans seem to have very strong opinions about how present fighters would do against those from before they were born. You get irrational comments from both sides. I probably wouldn't pick Baer in those matchups, but it is hardly unreasonable like picking Tommy Burns to beat them would be.
          Yeah, but I know of no old-timers who would pick Burns over any of the top Heavies in history including the best from his own era. Burns was basically a Middleweight who lucked into the Heavyweight title (ie. this would be like James Toney picking up a belt today, the only differences being that Burns was younger and actually in-shape).

Poet

Comment

I don't think the Klitschkos or Lewis could handle the kind of tempo that Baer fought at. I have watched more of his fights recently and I am very impressed by the way he fights.

Comment

Working...
            X