Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo is the same size as GGG; stop saying GGG is too big for Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe there are posters who are stupid enough to think that Mayweather vs. GGG is a feasible fight. GGG is a damn middle weight. Floyd is a welterweight, and a small one at that. Floyd is no junior middle weight. He hasn't looked all that good in his 3 fights there. Floyd weighs in @ like 151lbs. tops when fighting above welterweight. These same people crying for a stupid Mayweather vs. GGG fight will be the very same posters crying and discrediting Floyd about a catch weight fight with GGG. People want to see Floyd lose so bad that it's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
      Golovkin usually rehydrates about 10 pounds. In his last few fights, he's weighed around 170. I know for Macklin he was 170 and for Geale I think he was 171.

Canelo rehydrated to 172 vs. Trout

So anyone who says, "how can a Welterweight be avoiding a Middleweight?"

... I would encourage you to take Floyd's balls out of your mouth ... and suck mine instead.

Floyd holds a 154lb belt, and Golovkin is basically a full-size 154-pound fighter who is fighting at 160. The fight is fair and seeing it would be satisfying no matter what happens.

It's sad that Floyd fans don't say "bring it on" when the prospect of GGG is raised, but because many of them have no real life achievements of their own and must live vicariously through those of their undefeated hero, Floyd's "0" means more to them than the potential of seeing a great fight.

Before anybody accuses me of the same -- I can't wait for Golovkin-Ward, either. But (1) Ward has to be able to fight first and (2) It's hard to move up in weight and then come back down (so I'd like to see this first while Golovkin would still be capable of 154)

Used to be that boxing fans wanted to see the best and most exciting fighters challenge each other. Too bad the Floyd era has spawned nothing but fanboys

Does Golovkin look enormous:

Canelo didn't think so and wasn't afraid.

So let's stop the BS!
      It's not as simple as just looking at fight night weights man. Like even Floyd Mayweather weighs in on fight night the same weight as some light weights do, does that mean he can make light weight? Hell no. Golovkin can't make 154 so I don't know how you can say this fight is feasible.

Comment

Every well known fighter from 140 to 160 is 5' 7" to 5' 9 1/2" big deal!!!
        Who can punch out of all of them??? GGG, the rest are not in his class because of the PUNCH!
        I'm just glad theres one guy around all these other "champions" who actually has proper techniques when it comes to punching!
        To bad he couldn't fight Mayweather the best defensive boxer against the best offensive puncher? It sure would beat the ***** out of this garbage sloppy crap I'm watching with Bika & Derrel, no technique no form no style! Ref stinks too!
        Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Every well known fighter from 140 to 160 is 5' 7" to 5' 9 1/2" big deal!!!
          Who can punch out of all of them??? GGG, the rest are not in his class because of the PUNCH!
          I'm just glad theres one guy around all these other "champions" who actually has proper techniques when it comes to punching!
          To bad he couldn't fight Mayweather the best defensive boxer against the best offensive puncher? It sure would beat the ***** out of this garbage sloppy crap I'm watching with Bika & Derrel, no technique no form no style! Ref stinks too!
          Ray.
          Truth. Lots of mediocrity amongst all of these overhyped weightclasses. That's why GGG-Kovalev are getting play because they're amongst the very few punchers in the sport who can actually finish fights.

Comment

Even if Floyd were to mop the floor with GGG (like the Alvarez fight) he wouldn't get any respect around here for it, that's for sure.

Comment

GGG KO Floyd early.

If Maidana can trouble Floyd I can't see Golovkin not walking through him.

Sure he got Canelo good but even if Canelo can't beat Money I think he'd do a little better in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Fight night weight doesn't mean much, Froch rehydrates to 170 or 171, is Canelo the same size as Froch? No he just puts on more water weight relative to his size after the weigh-in. So even though Canelo and GGG might weigh about the same on fight night, GGG clearly has more lean muscle mass than Canelo.

As far as a Floyd/GGG @ 154 fight being satisfying no matter what happens, that's just BS.

If GGG wins = "Congrats, you just beat a blown up WW."
                If Floyd wins = "Congrats, you just beat a drained MW."

No one would get credit, pointless fight.
                The Floytards we're dancing in the streets when Floyd beat weight drain Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
                  Even if Floyd were to mop the floor with GGG (like the Alvarez fight) he wouldn't get any respect around here for it, that's for sure.
                  Floyd beat GGG that's funny dude

Comment

Working...
                  X