Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Floyd Mayweather's real boxing record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post

I strongly feel he lost against Marcos Maidana and Jose Luis Castillo despite him saying,

"Go on YouTube and watch the fight on mute."

I also feel he got a draw against Oscar De La Hoya in 2007, hence talks of a rematch in 2008.

Vote and discuss, fellas. What should Mayweather's record really be, IN YOUR OPINION?
    See, when you don't even have his actual record as a selectable option, you basically tell us are you are trolling hard and don't want to be taken seriously. At least make in an option, even if you disagree with it.

people with the proverbial "poll option 1: he ducked ; poll option 2: he ducked" loaded polls get red K'd, shunned, and ignored, don't go down that route punchr, you are better than that!

Comment

He's 22-2 the other 23 fights don't count because of pre fight stipulations

Comment

Should of had that loss vs Castillo.

Comment

Only fight I can think of where he didn't win was the first Castillo fight which I had a draw. I had Floyd beating Maidana 8-4. And I have to rewatch De La Hoya fight, but pretty sure Floyd won that too by 7-5, or 8-4.

Comment

I thought both Castillo and Maidana won against him, although both fights were close. he has played the game well, but undefeated? I don't think so. Of course, how many unbeaten fighters truly are unbeaten?

Mayweather knows that as long as a fight is close, it does not matter at this point. Having the name he does generally ensures victory in a close fight, but not always. Pacquiao-Bradley I is an example of when things can go the other way. Then again, Pacquiao was not protecting an unbeaten record either.

In the end, an unbeaten record usually means the fighter simply has not stepped up to a true challenge yet. Nearly all the greats lost at one time or another and no one cared. The announcers used to not even mention boxers' records. It wouldn't bother me if we returned to that policy.

I also have to bring up the Ortiz bout. Anyone else would have been disqualified.

Comment

I think he only has 1 loss. The castillo fight.. Maidana came close in the first fight, by winning most of the rounds in the first part of the fight but Mayweather made the adjustments and swept the rest of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                I thought both Castillo and Maidana won against him, although both fights were close. he has played the game well, but undefeated? I don't think so. Of course, how many unbeaten fighters truly are unbeaten?

Mayweather knows that as long as a fight is close, it does not matter at this point. Having the name he does generally ensures victory in a close fight, but not always. Pacquiao-Bradley I is an example of when things can go the other way. Then again, Pacquiao was not protecting an unbeaten record either.

In the end, an unbeaten record usually means the fighter simply has not stepped up to a true challenge yet. Nearly all the greats lost at one time or another and no one cared. The announcers used to not even mention boxers' records. It wouldn't bother me if we returned to that policy.

I also have to bring up the Ortiz bout. Anyone else would have been disqualified.
                LMAO....This really made me laugh....

Comment

Lost to Castillo.

Arguably drew with Maidana.

Comment

Well I dislike Mayweather but other than the Castillo one he didn't lose any fight. Maidana 1 fight was close but I thought Mayweather edged it.

If Mayweather fights Pacman or Khan, who knows he might have a official loss afterall on his record.

Comment

I have him undefeated with a draw in the first Maidana fight

I had him beating Castillo both times

Comment

Working...
                      X