No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Erupts: Rips De La Hoya, SHO, Haymon in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Erupts: Rips De La Hoya, SHO, Haymon in Vegas

Late Saturday night, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum took aim at his competition - Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya and powerful boxing manager Al Haymon. A few weeks ago, HBO severed their business ties with Golden Boy - who over the last twelve months have conducted the majority of their business with network rival Showtime.

Arum let loose during the post-fight press conference that followed the junior welterweight rematch between Brandon Rios and Mike Alvarado. The vicious brawl headlined an HBO televised card at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

"Fans want to see action and they want to see exciting fights. Now some people involved in boxing want to sign fighters and have them fight tomato cans and have networks pay to show those fights - and it goes on and on and on. That's not what the fans want," Arum said. "I think that it's not only us at Top Rank, but other promoters who don't have the [favoritism] from a particular network - also have that type of mentality. I think it's great news for boxing fans, because we are going to give them competition." [Click Here To Read More]

Hahaha good stuff Bob, F Haymon. Him an his rubber necking butt boy lackeys the Watsons. De la Hoya likes that sort of male attention and companionship only they can provide. Keep keepin it real, Bob.... "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"

Comment

Wow! Did Bob just say that Haymon has been RAPING Hbo? The most ironic thing Bob said was Oscar's tweet, it's hard to believe how much money Oscar has made from fighting his entire career on HBO's network, how they were the platform that enabled GBP to grow their stable, and now he has the gall to cancel his subscription. Laughable, but, I hope TR sticks to what they say and have been doing recently: making competitive fights.

Comment

Let's stop pretending like Arum puts on fights against the best all the time. This is still the same guy that made Pacquiao fight Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez 3 all in a row, Bradley-Provonikov turned out to be good but it wasn't exactly a fight against two top tier fighters given Provonikov hadn't really done anything.

And Marquez, Pacquiao, Rios, Bradley, and Alvarado all have to keep fighting each other or rematches because they can't fight hardly anyone else.

Comment

screw arum. every fighters at 140 and 147 with goldenboy will whoop this living air out of any fighter at top rank. goldenboy can present mayweather,mathysse,khan,maidana,garcia,peterson,g uerreo,thurman,and broner.thats a hell of a line up. toprank can bring it on and get flattened.

Comment

So says the guy that had Pacman feeding on bumb a$$ stablemates for years, wow.

Comment

I can't stand either promoter, but I lean towards liking GBP more. They are actually trying to build the sport by getting involved with CBS. Arum is pure scum, a liar, and he could care less about the state of the sport after he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO
                Wow! Did Bob just say that Haymon has been RAPING Hbo? The most ironic thing Bob said was Oscar's tweet, it's hard to believe how much money Oscar has made from fighting his entire career on HBO's network, how they were the platform that enabled GBP to grow their stable, and now he has the gall to cancel his subscription. Laughable, but, I hope TR sticks to what they say and have been doing recently: making competitive fights.
                Berto vs bums reminds me of Haymon.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

toprank does'nt have anything for goldenboy at 154 neither. goldy has molina ortiz,canelo,cotto,angulo,lara,kirkland.another great line up. top rank would get flattened there too.

Comment

Top Rank is kicking GBP's ass as far as quality of fights over the past year or so.

Just calling it like I see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X