No announcement yet.

Why Mayweather's Style is Superior

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Mayweather's Style is Superior

I’m no PED expert, nor do I have the time to become one within the next few days. But, what I do know is boxing. I’ve studied the sport and it’s fighters for years. Originally I thought Pac would soundly defeat Mayweather. But after evaluating each fighters tendencies and putting the PED question marks aside, here’s the facts that I do know:

When people compare Marquez to Mayweather, they’re referring to how similar their styles are. It’s a FACT, that Marquez gave Pac problems in two fights. It’s a fact that Mayweather is a counter-puncher like Marquez, but Mayweather has better defense (in fact the best defense in boxing..Fact), faster, bigger/stronger, and most importantly he’s a smarter version of Marquez. THESE ARE FACTS.

Let’s talk more facts. How many times did Cotto and Hatton bum rush Pac? I’m sure all the Pac fans watched both fights numerous times. Both of Cotto’s knockdowns came when Cotto lost his composure and was in the process of bum rushing Pac. Hatton fought a similar pressurized style. He too was stopped. When Pac knocked Marquez down in the 1st and 2nd fights, it was during an exchange. Now, let me ask you this. How many times did Clottey bum rush Pac? How many times was Clottey hurt or knocked down? If you answered none then you’re right. Pac landed 20% of his 1200 punches against Clottey, which is right around the 21% opponent punch land ratio for Clottey. Mayweather’s is 16%

The point that I’m making is fighters that lose their discipline and carelessly apply pressure (i.e Cotto, Morales II & III, Hatton) get knocked out. In contrast if anyone has ever seen a Mayweather fight, they will know that one of Mayweather’s best characteristics are being WELL DISCIPLINED and applying sound defense.

His style is Superior because his IN RING IQ is extremely HIGH, he doesn't depends just PURELY ON PHYSICAL ABILITIES like 98% of most fighters do

Mayweather Plays Chess (THINKS BEFORE HE MAKES HIS MOVES AND HE TRIES TO MAKE EVERY MOVE COUNT), the rest of boxing plays CHECKERS (just trying to get across the board as fast as they can) and guest which game MOST PEOPLE find more entertaining and fun? CHECKERS! lol Just an example of why some casual fans B!TCH AND COMPLAIN about someone like Mayweather's style because they don't have a full grasp or complain understand of what they are watch or what he does certain things

it is guys who are slick defensively but they don't have the skills to turn that Slickness into offense like Mayweather does, he uses his Defense to FORCE YOU TO MAKE MISTAKES, then he quickly counters you and make you pay for EVERY MISTAKE YOU MAKE

so his STYLE IS NOT REALLY SUPERIOR...but his IN RING IQ is LEVELS ABOVE EVERYONE, while others as well as fans all they talk about his opponents has "POWER" "SPEED" "THIS GUY HAS POWER" blah blah blah, Power and Speed Alone is not the way to beat Mayweather because it is no guarantee that you will be able to land Clean with that Power...THEN WHAT? Your stuck in a 12 Round Bout with you getting EMBARRASSED because your so one-dimensional and your spent the entire fight trying to get a Knock Out , then instead of blaming the opponents, they fans come and blame Mayweather for dominating his opponent lol

We can sit on a Forum all day and bash the guy and talk negative about the guy but at the end of the day, that still won't change the fact that he is the most skilled fighter in boxing, years from now Boxing Trainers are going to be showing their Fighters Film of Mayweather not because they like him, but because of his Technical Skills and how Technically SOUND his is...not matter if you love him or HATE HIM
    Last edited by sicko; 07-07-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

biased floyd mayweather jerkoff thread number 4 thouand eightyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

he says he's been following for years...ask him to break down, in detail, the Jackson-Norris fight

Comment

C'mon Walt, the number is way higher than that..or do you mean just this week?

Comment

Besides Pac refusing the test, I don't have a problem with him. I think he shows great speed, power, and ring generalship. I'm definitely not a biased fan.

I don't think it will be a walk in the park for Mayweather. I think if Pac doesn't KO mayweather in the first 3 rounds, Mayweather will get Pac's timing and pick him apart.

Comment

Lets ask ESPN what they think!

ESPN: The only department where Floyd is more superior than Manny Pacquiao is his ducking. Floyd is a COWARD!
              Last edited by ModernTalking; 07-07-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Gayweather's IQ on beating women is second to none. Just ask Fraud Jr police records.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Besides Pac refusing the test, I don't have a problem with him. I think he shows great speed, power, and ring generalship. I'm definitely not a biased fan.

I don't think it will be a walk in the park for Mayweather. I think if Pac doesn't KO mayweather in the first 3 rounds, Mayweather will get Pac's timing and pick him apart.
                  Unless Pacquiao is going to tire in 3 rounds, I don't see that happening. Pacquiao will get hit with counter shots, but I believe he'll maintain his consistency. Floyd's best when he's got an opponent right in front of him (similar to Pacquiao) and I can't imagine Pacquiao letting Floyd set up to counter him all night. Shades of the old Floyd will need to be present in this fight just to stay up on the scorecards. Being a spot fighter IMO isn't the way to beat this version of Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                    Unless Pacquiao is going to tire in 3 rounds, I don't see that happening. Pacquiao will get hit with counter shots, but I believe he'll maintain his consistency. Floyd's best when he's got an opponent right in front of him (similar to Pacquiao) and I can't imagine Pacquiao letting Floyd set up to counter him all night. Shades of the old Floyd will need to be present in this fight just to stay up on the scorecards. Being a spot fighter IMO isn't the way to beat this version of Pacquiao.
                    Floyd will hit a moving Pacquiao the same way Marquez did.

Comment

Working...
                    X