No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dan Goossen Defeats Andre Ward in Contract Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dan Goossen Defeats Andre Ward in Contract Dispute

SHERMAN OAKS, CA - Some victories are bittersweet, especially those won in battles one tries to avoid against longtime associates and friends.

Such is the feeling that Dan Goossen, President of Goossen Tutor Promotions is experiencing after an arbitrator's ruling announced today in his favor in a contract dispute with the man whose professional boxing career Goossen has promoted since 2004 - Andre "S.O.G." Ward.

Several weeks ago the former 2004 U.S. Olympic Gold medalist, Super Middleweight Champion and 2011 Ring Magazine "Fighter of the Year" filed for an arbitration hearing to void his Exclusive Promotional Contract with Goossen Tutor Promotions. The case went before Andy Foster, the Executive Officer of the California State Athletic Commission, on Tuesday, June 25 at the Ronald Reagan State Office Building in Downtown Los Angeles. The Commission was represented by Supervising Deputy Attorney General Karen Chappelle, Ward was represented by Richard Dwyer of Mountain View, CA, while Goossen's brother, Michael Goossen of Sherman Oaks, CA and Benjamin Reder of Beverly Hills, CA served as legal counsel for Goossen and Goossen Tutor Promotions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There goes the Ward-Top Rank deal

Comment

Arum offered him a golden leash. I'm glad it didn't work out.

Comment

''I can only hope having to go through the whole legal process will only strengthen our relationship moving forward'', lol Goosen is a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          There goes the Ward-Top Rank deal
          First time I hear you talk in a long time lol

Comment

If Donaire and Arum were cool with each other after their legal issues I'am sure Goossen and Ward will be the same.

Comment

Andre just needs to let his contract expire and then sign with Top Rank

Goossen has done a good job but they have taken him as far as they can

If he wants to make big money than sign with Top Rank and fight JCC Jr

Comment

"Ward was represented by Richard Dwyer of Mountain View, CA"

Don't tell me his lawyer was that Dwyer guy from youtube, no wonder he lost.

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                Andre just needs to let his contract expire and then sign with Top Rank

Goossen has done a good job but they have taken him as far as they can

If he wants to make big money than sign with Top Rank and fight JCC Jr
                A well thought out post with no hate or cheerleading, what happened to the real Check_hooks?

Comment

Like I said Ward needs to stop thinking his last name is Mayweather. He was acting like he was a free agent or something trying to close deals and dates with HBO with his manager behind his promoters back. If he wanted out he should have never signed the contract. Your promoter offers money to fight and you take it or leave it, it's simple. I think Ward is just upset and in denial of that fact that he will never be a draw but that's not Goossen's fault. You have to be an entertainer now ala Mayweather and Broner not just a boring boxer..

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    "Ward was represented by Richard Dwyer of Mountain View, CA"

Don't tell me his lawyer was that Dwyer guy from youtube, no wonder he lost.

A well thought out post with no hate or cheerleading, what happened to the real Check_hooks?
                    yup dwyer is a lawyer

Comment

Working...
                    X