Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Austin Trout talks options if he beats Canelo; Mayweather, move to 160.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    **** that shlt,Floyd needs to fight trout or canelo.No excuses.
    floyd can fight whoever he wants to. if you don't like it. then don't watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      Why do you need to make excuses for Floyd? Are you afraid he'll lose or that people will say he's ducking Trout?

Floyd is the #1 ranked JMW (I disagree) by the RING and currently holds the WBA title. No one should hold a title in any division and be unwilling to defend it against the best opposition in the said division; by claiming a title, fighters are making a claim to being the "World Champion" in the division or at least that's what's inscribed on the belt.

Personally, I think it would be a great fight and an intriguing style match-up; quite possibly the best fight that can be made right now. If Trout beats Canelo, then he deserves a Floyd fight and the ball would be on Floyd's court.
      Im not afraid he'll lose and I said myself that the #1 fight I would love to see in boxing right now is Floyd-Trout but just because I would love to see it doesnt mean it has to happen. My #1 fight use to be Floyd-Sergio but it didnt have to happen.

I understand there is a point where you have to stop. Now if his team feels its too much then fine. I dont care about the title. I agree, if he doesnt fight him then strip him but he doesnt have to fight him. He also has a title at WW and is fighting there.

I just feel that it gets to the point where its a double standard. Who would you pick Trout to beat 5 divisions up? Who would you pick Trout to beat at SMW if he came into the ring at 169 pounds and his opponents was 184? Its the same with Floyd. Again, he gets penalyzed for being too good. If he fights any guy his own size its not a fair fight.

People always say when is the last time he fought a guy he might lose to. Translation- When is he going to fight a huge 154 pounder or a MW because those guys can beat him. Hmm, I wonder why? Again, if he fights them then great.

If he doesnt then strip him but dont tell me he has to fight him or he's a wimp. How does he have to fight the huge guys to prove he's not a coward but they can prove they are tough by beating someone way smaller? I never get how that works in people's mind

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I think that's a big factor.

I can't imagine Chavez for example having any respect at all for Trout's power. I mean, Trout does have decent pop, but at 160? Perhaps not.

I think he could give Martinez some issues but I'd still expect Martinez to win that fight.

How about Trout-Macklin? That would be a good fight to see where's he's at at 160.
        That's an excellent measuring stick for Trout. I would favor him but Macklin is good enough to make it interesting. I don't like the idea of Trout at 160 right now but maybe the Canelo fight will change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          His best chance is GGG but Im not too sure about it. If Trout can take him deep he can win. But can he with GGG's body attack?
          if Golovkin takes away trout's track shoes, it's over. once he starts to land those shots on trout with brutal force it's bye bye baby for Austin! lol

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            Im not afraid he'll lose and I said myself that the #1 fight I would love to see in boxing right now is Floyd-Trout but just because I would love to see it doesnt mean it has to happen. My #1 fight use to be Floyd-Sergio but it didnt have to happen.

I understand there is a point where you have to stop. Now if his team feels its too much then fine. I dont care about the title. I agree, if he doesnt fight him then strip him but he doesnt have to fight him. He also has a title at WW and is fighting there.

I just feel that it gets to the point where its a double standard. Who would you pick Trout to beat 5 divisions up? Who would you pick Trout to beat at SMW if he came into the ring at 169 pounds and his opponents was 184? Its the same with Floyd. Again, he gets penalyzed for being too good. If he fights any guy his own size its not a fair fight.

People always say when is the last time he fought a guy he might lose to. Translation- When is he going to fight a huge 154 pounder or a MW because those guys can beat him. Hmm, I wonder why? Again, if he fights them then great.

If he doesnt then strip him but dont tell me he has to fight him or he's a wimp. How does he have to fight the huge guys to prove he's not a coward but they can prove they are tough by beating someone way smaller? I never get how that works in people's mind
            actually margarito, williams, pac and cotto were all welterweights whil floyd was a welterweight. he didn't wany any. sorry baldomir, ortiz, and gueerrero don't carry the same risk as them no matter how hard you pretend.

they are in the same division. why shouldn't he fight them? you are admitting he only fights there when the cherries are ripe and some guys are too dangerous for him. so he won't fight the best at 147 or 154 and he's the greatest fighter alive? why?

Comment

I'm sorry, but this is coming to a rather ******ed crescendo. If Trout beats canelo, (which i think he will), then obviously the biggest fight in boxing is the winner of canelo/Trout facing Floyd. Floyd shouldn't have any excuses left. He's heavily favored over anyone at 147.

People cannot keep claiming the guy is the best of an era then turn right around and defend him taking easy fights. That's why I was never a fan, nor i'll ever be until this guy dares to be great. There is absolutely no excuse left as to why he cannot fight the winner. Welterweight is at 1 of it's weakest era. Is Floyd gonna stay there now out of sheer coincidence??

Comment

If he beats Canelo there would be a rematch unless he ko Canelo cold, and Trout could be better at 160 maybe he is a bit weight drain trying to make 154 like he almost miss weight with Cotto, and Mayweather fought at 154 not for a tittle but for the two biggest paydays of his carrer not just a big payday but the biggest, Trout and Canelo won't be bigger paydays then Cotto & De la Hoya, and if Canelo wins a close fight we might see a rematch so they could busy with each other for awhile...

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

Floyd is a welterweight and technically a JMW since he has a belt there and that's were he last fought anyway. He's fight night weight is probably that of a standard welterweight (current crop) right now.

I really don't get these excuses about Floyd fighting in his 4th or 5th division as if he were always at a size disadvantage and should really be fighting at 130 (as of 2009 the guy can't even make 144 let alone 140). Wrong, he's a full fledged welterweight and if he didn't like the competition at 154, then he should have never tasted the waters there, otherwise it's just cherry-picking (shot ODH and Cotto vs anyone at 154 that's actually good).

If he isn't gonna fight the best opposition available then he should just retire or admit that some opponents are just too dangerous for him and he isn't willing to fight them. Who's he gonna fight next Kell Brook?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    I'm sorry, but this is coming to a rather ******ed crescendo. If Trout beats canelo, (which i think he will), then obviously the biggest fight in boxing is the winner of canelo/Trout facing Floyd. Floyd shouldn't have any excuses left. He's heavily favored over anyone at 147.

People cannot keep claiming the guy is the best of an era then turn right around and defend him taking easy fights. That's why I was never a fan, nor i'll ever be until this guy dares to be great. There is absolutely no excuse left as to why he cannot fight the winner. Welterweight is at 1 of it's weakest era. Is Floyd gonna stay there now out of sheer coincidence??
                    The current welterweight division is so weak that it is mostly dominated by midgits (135/140 pounders) that moved up 2 or 3 fights ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                      Floyd is a welterweight and technically a JMW since he has a belt there and that's were he last fought anyway. He's fight night weight is probably that of a standard welterweight (current crop) right now.

I really don't get these excuses about Floyd fighting in his 4th or 5th division as if he were always at a size disadvantage and should really be fighting at 130 (as of 2009 the guy can't even make 144 let alone 140). Wrong, he's a full fledged welterweight and if he didn't like the competition at 154, then he should have never tasted the waters there, otherwise it's just cherry-picking (shot ODH and Cotto vs anyone at 154 that's actually good).

If he isn't gonna fight the best opposition available then he should just retire or admit that some opponents are just too dangerous for him and he isn't willing to fight them. Who's he gonna fight next Kell Brook?
                      He couldve made 144 easily. He just didnt want to because of it possibly effecting him in future fights.

You cant say he was cherry picking at 154. He only even went to WW and maybe even 140 just to face Oscar. If Oscar was a LW then he may have stayed at LW for a super long time. He only went through those divisions to get the big money & fame fight with Oscar.

Then he fights Cotto which was a solid fight but the fact is that most people think he took more a beating he has in any fight in recent memory. Therefore whats wrong with someone then saying that maybe I shouldnt be fighting here?

I could see if he ran through Cotto with no problem and is not taking those fight. Or I could see if he decided right now to fight someone else at 154 but not them. However, he hasnt done that. Again, it would be great if he fought them but no one can convice me that he has to fight them.

Im not even a Floyd defender. I said that he shouldve fought Pac. Wasnt no excuse for that. I dont think Pac did all he could do to back him into a corner but still, he shouldve made that fight and I lost some respect for him for that.

This is a legit reason though. Also, people always want things "now". I could see him fighting them now, I could see him not fighting them, or I could truly see him wanting to go to 154 in about 2 more fights. Whats wrong with that? Those guys should be even better by then

Comment

Working...
                      X