Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley, overrated or underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    The guy gives you no space, and is great with rolling punches, and smothering your attack. If you're not a beast like Pac, you're gonna have the toughest fight of your life.

He can box from the outside, make you miss, and counter you all day. He has very good foot movement, and overall agility. Always in the right position, and his head movement is elite.

Elite level chin. Elite level heart. Underrated skills. The guy just knows how to fight and box at the same time. Not many fighters on this planet can mix it up like him, and not take damage.

He's not a true WW in the sense of being in peak form. He might have WW size, but he would be THE best 140 lb. fighter, hands down.

I'd favor him over Garcia, Rios, Alvarado, Khan, Holt, Peterson, Judah, etc.

I'd only give Lucas the slight edge over him, and I'm being bias when I say that. I can easily see Bradley giving Lucas problems. Vice versa.
    Good breakdown, I'm gonna rewatch Bradley-Pacquiao and Bradley-Provodnikov today and see if I can see some of this. Maybe at times he just seems so damn easy to hit and his chin covers this problem very well IMO.

I do agree he would be better at 140 than 147 though, his lack of power is even more apparent at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      But you don't rank guys based on them fighting to prove a point, you base it on their performance in the ring and truth of the matter is, he didn't look that good against a guy who had most of his fights on FNF and had never fought at WW before.
      I rank guys on how they match up vs everyone else,,,,,
      And bradley is clearly leagues above khan, peterson, garcia, etc

i love when people say ruslan is just a FNF fighter,,, doesnt everyone get their start on FNF....

Ruslan showed he is a legit fighter, and deserves to be on hbo/showtime

ANd tim didnt look good because he thought ruslan was just a FNF and he could ko him early,,, it backfired but bradley showed will, heart, determination, and pulled out a victory,,,,
      In a rematch bradley would box the ears off him, and it wouldbt be close,,,

Haters base bradley's ranking on one fight, anyone with any clue will judge by the body of work, and bradley's resume is about as good as it gets and only gets beat by a ward, froch, manny, jmm, mares

Comment

The ONE time I've honestly agreed with one of Dirk's entire posts. Not as harsh, but this is essentially how I feel.
        It's not like Bradley is even putting on clinics or impressive dominating performances.

He had a life and death struggle with Kendall Holt at 140lbs where he got dropped twice. I haven't watched that fight since but I remember having it quite close. The Devon fight was an abortion of epic proportions . Even his so called "breakout performance" against Witter was a ho-hum affair.

His one mildly impressive display was against Peterson.

Comment

Good breakdown, I'm gonna rewatch Bradley-Pacquiao and Bradley-Provodnikov today and see if I can see some of this. Maybe at times he just seems so damn easy to hit and his chin covers this problem very well IMO.

I do agree he would be better at 140 than 147 though, his lack of power is even more apparent at WW.
          That's my point, his best weight class is 140 lbs. I remember the night of watching Bradley/Casamayor, I was thinking to myself,

"Holy crap, this is not the same Timothy Bradley that I know."

He is a true 140 lb. fighter. 147 is just for the money.

Comment

That's my point, his best weight class is 140 lbs. I remember the night of watching Bradley/Casamayor, I was thinking to myself,

Completely agree about that. He has never looked good at welterweight. At 140 he was clearly a class above most guys he fought.

Comment

He can be elite when he wants to but in watching his fights he is so hot and cold sometimes he looks like a skilled world class fighter and other times a sloppy swarmer.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Completely agree about that. He has never looked good at welterweight. At 140 he was clearly a class above most guys he fought.
                I thought he looked solid against Abregu but his last two fights he didn't look that great.

I think this next fight is a must win for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  He can be elite when he wants to but in watching his fights he is so hot and cold sometimes he looks like a skilled world class fighter and other times a sloppy swarmer.
                  I think Spray hit the nail on the head.

Comment

But do you rank him based on how he would look at his best weight class or the weight class he chosen to currently fight in? That's my issue with this, an issue a few fighters today have.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      It's not like Bradley is even putting on clinics or impressive dominating performances.

He had a life and death struggle with Kendall Holt at 140lbs where he got dropped twice. I haven't watched that fight since but I remember having it quite close. The Devon fight was an abortion of epic proportions . Even his so called "breakout performance" against Witter was a ho-hum affair.

His one mildly impressive display was against Peterson.
                      When people say Devon is his best win, I just don't know what to say. I thought he looked awful in that fight, it's just that Devon looked that much worse. I did like his performance against Peterson, but Matthysse made that win look a little less impressive

Comment

Working...
                      X