Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Khan fans still think Garcia had a lucky shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    I label Garcia as a "counter-banger", his knack for throwing hooks and overhand rights as leads and counters is unusual. He has the patience/timing of a counter-puncher and the power/confidence/eagerness to exchange of a slugger. He doesn't have an educated jab or right hand, but those are things that can still be developed. He's continued to improve with every performance. He didn't get reckless and wild like he did against Khan, allowed the fight to play itself out and took advantage. I really enjoy watching Garcia as he puts in work. He is beatable, but he has several qualities that I want in a fighter.

I'd pick Lucas over Garcia, but it's very possible that he could win in impressive fashion.
    I still think Matthysse is real trouble for Garcia because it will end up a fire fight and while Garcia doesn't mind being in that sort of fight I think it suits Matthysse more. It would be a real interesting and entertaining fight for sure.

That said I don't think we know the upper limits on Garcia's abilities so if he can kick it up another notch it might be Matthysse that would end up in trouble. Garcia is a real interesting young fighter and it will be fun to watch how he fully develops.

Comment

I have never read or heard anyone calling that shot "Lucky" you have to be blind to call that lucky, that was and is Garcia's signature punch, so whether his eyes were closed, sleepy or weepy when he threw the punch is irrelevant, the fact is he knew the range of where Khan's ******ed head was even with his eyes closed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I still think Matthysse is real trouble for Garcia because it will end up a fire fight and while Garcia doesn't mind being in that sort of fight I think it suits Matthysse more. It would be a real interesting and entertaining fight for sure.

That said I don't think we know the upper limits on Garcia's abilities so if he can kick it up another notch it might be Matthysse that would end up in trouble. Garcia is a real interesting young fighter and it will be fun to watch how he fully develops.
        A fighter like Matthysse would force Garcia to adjust some of his tactics and come in with a strong game-plan. I would expect Garcia to use the jab a lot more than usual, and he'd be forced to give up his ground more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I have never read or heard anyone calling that shot "Lucky" you have to be blind to call that lucky, that was and is Garcia's signature punch, so whether his eyes were closed, sleepy or weepy when he threw the punch is irrelevant, the fact is he knew the range of where Khan's ******ed head was even with his eyes closed.
          Khan called it a lucky punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Khan has the ability to jab Garcia's head off and win a shutout if he wasn't such a spastic
            Maybe 7 rounds. Then I think Garcia could power through him again. Khan is a talented guy, but his chin and stamina are not great, and probably never will be. It doesn't help that when he gets tired he gets easier to hit and you're more susceptible to knockouts anyways.

Comment

Blind shot which lead to his neck. If his eyes were open he most likely would have adjusted for the chin.

Comment

Khan with brains like he was doing for a couple of rounds would win pretty much every round against garcia

too bad he has not got any

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                  Khan with brains like he was doing for a couple of rounds would win pretty much every round against garcia

too bad he has not got any
                  Why is everybody saying Khan has brains? He was getting hit with counter hooks from the first round up.
                  Didn't change anything he was doing either from the time he started to when he got KO'd.
                  Go in, flurry, go out

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Why is everybody saying Khan has brains?
                    I think they're saying the opposite?

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                      He KO'd Morales the same way he did Khan that **** was no lucly shot lol
                      It was one of the stupidest things I've heard then..That has not change imo..Khan like Morales got caught in exchanges,where Garcia is most dangerous...

BTW Garcia loves zebra stripes..LOL..

Comment

Working...
                      X