No announcement yet.

The Klitschko's Are Unbeaten In Almost A Decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I dont think much is separating Wlad from Larry Holmes reign. Perhaps Norton, but that would be just about it.
    Bat: SHavers 2x, occasio, weaver, evangalista and norton from 1978-1980 is better than everything wlad has done. when you add in leon spinks, cooney and berbick as tertiary opposition. You're too knowledgeable a fan to get a pass for forgetting this.

People see wlad and larry the same. In wlad's case its because the comp sucks. In larry's case it was the backlash for beating ali so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Devastation here you go

Against whom?

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Well you can pick one. I like how he smashed Byrd and Peter to pieces.

ATG worthy wins.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Larry Holmes beat some decent fighters, as did Wlad.

But I don't think there's any question that Holmes has the best resume. Also, he doesn't have KO losses to journeymen.
        I was talking about their respective Championship reigns. Not much between them there IMO.

Of course Wlad's losses counts against him in an overall sense in the same way as such losses do for Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Bat: SHavers 2x, occasio, weaver, evangalista and norton from 1978-1980 is better than everything wlad has done. when you add in leon spinks, cooney and berbick as tertiary opposition. You're too knowledgeable a fan to get a pass for forgetting this.

People see wlad and larry the same. In wlad's case its because the comp sucks. In larry's case it was the backlash for beating ali so bad.
          Only Norton is better than Wlad's opposition and I'm actually baffled at you mentioning Shavers, Evangelista, Occasio, Spinks, Weaver and Berbick. No way those guys are equal or better than Wlad's best wins.

I think that after Norton, Cooney and novice Witherspoon is Holmes's best wins.
          Last edited by BattlingNelson; 02-06-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
            Against whom?

ATG worthy wins.
            Wlad's resume is solid. Deal with it.

Comment

I was talking about their respective Championship reigns. Not much between them there IMO.

Of course Wlad's losses counts against him in an overall sense in the same way as such losses do for Lewis.
              Norton, Shavers, Evangilista, Weaver, Witherspoo, Berbick, Cooney, Ali, Spinks I think some of these wins are better than Wlad's best wins. But I'll admit it's pretty close if you look solely at their championship reigns - however, add a prime Mercer and an Earnie Shavers KO to that list - and I think Larry Holmes takes it by a small but clear margin.

Agreed about Lewis. But Lewis' winnings resume is clearly a lot better than Wlad's.

Comment

Only Norton is better than Wlad's opposition and I'm actually baffled at you mentioning Shavers, Evangelista, Occaso. No way those guys are equal or better than Wlad's best wins.
                How can you say only Norton is better when Earnie Shavers dealt with him with absolute ease in the first round not a year after he had a razor sharp decision vs Holmes?
                Last edited by LacedUp; 02-06-2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Only Norton is better than Wlad's opposition and I'm actually baffled at you mentioning Shavers, Evangelista, Occasio, Spinks, Weaver and Berbick. No way those guys are equal or better than Wlad's best wins.

I think that after Norton, Cooney and novice Witherspoon is Holmes's best wins.
                  why, because they didn't have titles. The men Holmes fought didn't have titles because there was only the wba and wbc until 83.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Norton, Shavers, Evangilista, Weaver, Witherspoo, Berbick, Cooney, Ali, Spinks I think some of these wins are better than Wlad's best wins. But I'll admit it's pretty close if you look solely at their championship reigns - however, add a prime Mercer and an Earnie Shavers KO to that list - and I think Larry Holmes takes it by a small but clear margin.
                    Disagree. Holmes might have the better reign, but we are talking inches here. If Wlad beats Pulev, Fury and Wilder he is up among the very best.

Agreed about Lewis. But Lewis' winnings resume is clearly a lot better than Wlad's.
                    No its not.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      why, because they didn't have titles. The men Holmes fought didn't have titles because there was only the wba and wbc until 83.
                      It has nothing to do with Mickey mouse belts at all. Its about resume, records and at what point in their career they did combat.

Comment

Working...
                      X