Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would it Take For YOU to Consider Floyd Jr "TBE"??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way it could've happened in this era. Don't think beating Pacquiao would do it. Don't think beating Margarito in 2007 would either. Mayweather is a true ATG. Greatest ever? I don't think so but I never watched a prime Ray Robinson.

Comment

Had he beaten

Jorge paez in 97
      Ivan robinson in 98
      Prince hamed in 01
      Lazcano in 03
      Spadafora in 03
      Tsyzu in 04,05
      Shane in 2007
      Cotto in 2008
      Margs in 06-09
      Manny in 2009-12
      Bradley in 2013-14

Had he won fights like those with addition to his other wins and I think a case could be made as the greatest ever,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Had he beaten

Jorge paez in 97
        Ivan robinson in 98
        Prince hamed in 01
        Lazcano in 03
        Spadafora in 03
        Tsyzu in 04,05
        Shane in 2007
        Cotto in 2008
        Margs in 06-09
        Manny in 2009-12
        Bradley in 2013-14

Had he won fights like those with addition to his other wins and I think a case could be made as the greatest ever,,,
        not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by beastoverhand View Post
          So we all know Floyd likes to call himself "The Best Ever".
          Even most of his nuthuggers won't agree with him on that one...

...but, what would it take for YOU to consider him "TBE" or even an ATG?

For me, he would only have to win 2 fights. PAC & GGG. I would do a complete 180 and give him mad props if he did that. Now before you say GGG isn't feasible, remember Floyd has a title at 154 and GGG is more than willing and able to make 154 for Floyd, Canelo, or Cotto. He is also pretty small at 160, and Floyd already fought Canelo so why not GGG?

A TRUE ATG would be going after the BEST, to prove he is the BEST.
          Honestly, he can't do anything from now till retirement except beat Pacquiao, move up to middleweight and beat every titlist there and then do the same at super middleweight...then maybe he'd have a chance of being TBE.

If we want to speak factually, Floyd would need a time machine to be TBE, he would have to go back in time to fight Kostya at 140, a better version of Mosley and THAT version of Marg, possibly Cotto too. Then fight a prime Pacquiao, move up and win titles at 154 and not unify at 152 and some sort of a title at 160. Possibly Martinez when that fight mattered. Throw in a welterweight Williams when that fight mattered too and then we could, honestly, have a great reason to call Mayweather a possible top 10 ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
            Knock out Pacquiao.

Marquez did it, so why can't Floyd?
            So JMM is TBE?

Comment

I am a Floyd fan, but I personally don't give a damn who is considered the best ever. All I want to do is watch good fights, which are becoming more and more scarce. The good thing about Floyd is that he is taking on the best opponents available. Pacquaio takes on the best opponents that Arum can find in the Top Rank stable or who are not signed with GBP. GGG takes on the best journeymen he can find in hopes of eventually getting a big payday against a smaller opponent like Cotto or a beatable opponent like Chavez Jr.

Comment

There's nothing he could do. His resume as it stands is extremely poor for an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  I am a Floyd fan, but I personally don't give a damn who is considered the best ever. All I want to do is watch good fights, which are becoming more and more scarce. The good thing about Floyd is that he is taking on the best opponents available. Pacquaio takes on the best opponents that Arum can find in the Top Rank stable or who are not signed with GBP. GGG takes on the best journeymen he can find in hopes of eventually getting a big payday against a smaller opponent like Cotto or a beatable opponent like Chavez Jr.
                  This guy sounds like Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by Laddie_Loc View Post
                    There's nothing he could do. His resume as it stands is extremely poor for an ATG.
                    i disagree with this. he has a very good resume, he is a great fighter. chances are u cant find 50 fighters who have accomplished more. and that makes him a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                      i disagree with this. he has a very good resume, he is a great fighter. chances are u cant find 50 fighters who have accomplished more. and that makes him a great fighter.
                      Yup.

He will be appreciated when hes gone

Comment

Working...
                      X